Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my XSE for 2 days but noticed the set point changed a few degrees on two occasions. I have Auto Sync AC ECO heat Cool and S-Flow on.

Checked the manual it didn’t say anything about this. Does ECO or S Flow have the ability to change the set point? Pretty sure I didn’t just fat fingered it myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
No, it does not change by itself. If you have the S-Flow nanny turned on it will shut off the passenger side and temp display when nobody is in that seat. Turn S-Flow off and make sure that the 2 sides actually are in synch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes. In the winter time it runs the gas engine less when it needs to generate heat. Summer time it cycles the AC compressor less, reducing the drain on the battery. It also does the minimum fan speed required to maintain cabin temp (heat the floor, cool the face). All to reduce energy consumption.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something is doing something. It is 59 out and sunny. I had car set to 69 and went to the store. Parked it. By the time I restarted it it is showing 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
31 Posts
It was changing the temp to a more family friendly number... :LOL:

in all seriousness though that is strange. I’ll watch mine today and see if it sets things for me.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I’ve never seen mine change like that. It retains whatever the previous setting was when the car is started. Is it a ‘19 or a ‘20?

My e-Golf reverted to 72 whenever the “engine” was off for more than 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
I’ve never seen mine change like that. It retains whatever the previous setting was when the car is started. Is it a ‘19 or a ‘20?
Mine has never changed in the year I've had it, always set on auto, eco and 68ºF in cooler weather, anything warmer is uncomfortably too warm, even my wife likes 68º in mine, she runs it at 72º in her '18 Prius Prime.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, my AUTO would always set the fan blowing out at the floor level, but i want them blow at the opper level though, so i don't use AUTO much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts