Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I broke one of my HVAC controls and need to replace it. Thought this would be a good opportunity to "upgrade" to the limited HVAC controls with the buttons rather than dials. My question is would it be a direct swap and work no issues? Or will there be some modifications required? Looking for a plug and play method.

I have the sport model 2010. I found a guy on craigslist selling his Limited HVAC controls for $50, seems like a good deal.

Picture of what I am talking about. (his doesn't have the push button start) I believe his is off a 2008

Thanks in advanced!

edit: I want to point out that I know the climate control won't work, I'm merely trying to change them to push buttons opposed to knobs. cleaner look and if it's cheap, then why not? Just need to know if it will work.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I believe that he Limited HVAC controls use servo motors to actually control various HVAC functions while the manual control system uses direct action. If so,one would need to replace nearly the entire HVAC system if switching to using Limited controls with an OEM manual - equipped vehicle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that he Limited HVAC controls use servo motors to actually control various HVAC functions while the manual control system uses direct action. If so,one would need to replace nearly the entire HVAC system if switching to using Limited controls with an OEM manual - equipped vehicle.
Yup, I believe you are right. I just read about that. Too bad... would have been a pretty cool "upgrade" I guess i'll just replace my knob and move on. lol Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts