Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2006 Rav4 Limited with 160,000+ that my son drives. It started with the same issue that everyone is experiencing in this thread about two weeks ago. Plenty of heat but nothing through the defroster or feet. I ran the check mode procedure and it gave me codes 21/24/43.

I noticed no weird noises when running the check.

The first two are sensor codes which most people say are to be ignored and 43 is a B1443/43 Air Outlet Damper Control Servomotor circuit. The only thing I could find was in the highlander manual. I am assuming it is the same assembly.

I am first going to do some checking behind under the dash and behind the glove box to see if I have a stuck door or gear but I think this is going to lead to the servomotor.

Has anyone run into this same repair and if so, could you possibly offer any advice?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2006 Rav4 Limited with 160,000+ that my son drives. It started with the same issue that everyone is experiencing in this thread about two weeks ago. Plenty of heat but nothing through the defroster or feet. I ran the check mode procedure and it gave me codes 21/24/43.

I noticed no weird noises when running the check.

The first two are sensor codes which most people say are to be ignored and 43 is a B1443/43 Air Outlet Damper Control Servomotor circuit. The only thing I could find was in the highlander manual. I am assuming it is the same assembly.

I am first going to do some checking behind under the dash and behind the glove box to see if I have a stuck door or gear but I think this is going to lead to the servomotor.

Has anyone run into this same repair and if so, could you possibly offer any advice?

Thank you in advance.
Here is the code chart:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tested a new harness with no resolution.

Error codes 21/23/97

Troubleshoot steps to date:

1. Tried AC Amplifier from wreck - no fix
2. Cleaned glue off vent doors - no fix
3. Tested all servos, function with 9v - no fix
4. Tested new harness - no fix
5. Cleaned contacts in servos - no fix

Next steps is finding a known good AC Amplifier (easy to remove from test car - servos are not so easy).

Yes, the control wire fixed my issue. I don't have those 3 codes anymore.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts