Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be doing an amp/sub install in my 2016 Hybrid XLE. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible or safe to hook the amplifier up to the battery pack under the rear seats. Would make for a much easier install than going through the firewall and such.

I haven't torn it apart yet just wondering if anyone has and if this looked possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Oh for sure. You'd be stupid NOT to do this. Just hook it up and you're good. Please post the video. You should certainly do this job yourself because you clearly know your hybrid, car audio, and electronics well. Pleeeeaaaase post the video.

Disclaimer: if you do this you will likely die. But Darwin and all soooooo.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was looking at it like I'm assuming it connects to the 12v system the car uses so it probably goes through a converter to switch power to connect to the main car battery. Didn't need to be a douche about it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're correct, I didn't *need* to, no.

In my defense, I did save your life.
I was asking. I didn't say I was. It was a question. I've been doing sub installs, body work, and electrical lighting for many years. I've never had a hybrid so wasn't sure how they works. Hence me coming to a forum where question are asked.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ok, and you got your answer. If something is orange on your hybrid, don't even touch it.
FYI, the 12V battery is in the hatch, not under the hood.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, and you got your answer. If something is orange on your hybrid, don't even touch it.
FYI, the 12V battery is in the hatch, not under the hood.
Thank you for your help. Had no idea it was in the hatch haven't needed to look yet.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,093 Posts
There's a nice tap available right on the 12v battery itself. And once you remove all the "foam packing" from under the deck its pretty easy to access the other compartments.
The EOM 6x9 sub would go in the passenger side rear quarter compartment right at the back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There's a nice tap available right on the 12v battery itself. And once you remove all the "foam packing" from under the deck its pretty easy to access the other compartments.
The EOM 6x9 sub would go in the passenger side rear quarter compartment right at the back.
Is that why there is a vent like pattern in the trunk lining?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh for sure. You'd be stupid NOT to do this. Just hook it up and you're good. Please post the video. You should certainly do this job yourself because you clearly know your hybrid, car audio, and electronics well. Pleeeeaaaase post the video.

Disclaimer: if you do this you will likely die. But Darwin and all soooooo.....
Feeling good about yourself? Have a nice day douche.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Installed this powered sub in my 2018 Hybrid, it was nice having the 12V right in the rear, I only had to run some signal wires to the SYGAV radio that is also installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts