Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am a bit slow, but the Toyota site does not seem to be great for building options or we do not have a lot of customization.

Basically I want the Hybrid Limited.

In order to save some cost I am ok without the integrated NAV or fancy JBL speakers. I do kind of want the birds eye camera though.

Just curious if we have more options in regards to the tech packages.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
What you see on the Toyota site is what you get. FWIW, having used it a few times I think the panoramic/bird's eye feature is useless in every day driving. But the blind spot monitors and cross traffic alerts are VERY helpful. In the Limited package its all or nothing for the tech features. You may want to consider the XLE with the convenience package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Per the Toyota website the followings on the Limited model costs $1,435 which incudes the below.

I guess I am just confused as to what would be standard as this list appears to include things that any configuration will have? Such as back-up camera, the display of AM/FM, phone/bluetooth connectivity.

So if I do not elect to get this package it seems like the center console should not even be a screen...

Bird's Eye View Camera with Perimeter
Scan; Entune Premium JBL Audio with
Navigation and App Suite - includes the
Entune Multimedia Bundle (7-in high
Resolution Touch-screen with Split Screen
Display and Integrated Backup Camera
Display, AM/FM, MP3/WMA Playback
Capability, 11 JBL GreenEdge Speakers in
Seven Locations including Subwoofer and
Amplifier, Auxiliary Audio Jack, USB 2.0
Port with iPod Connectivity and Control,
Advanced Voice Recognition, Hands-Free
Phone Capability, Phone Book Access and
Music Streaming via Bluetooth Wireless
Technology), Entune App Suite, HD Radio,
HD Predictive Traffic and Doppler Weather
Overlay, AM/FM Cache Radio, SiriusXM All
Access Radio with 3-Month Complimentary
Trial And Gracenotes Album Cover Art

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's pretty simple for the Hybrid Limited as there are only three configurations (at least in my part of the country, sometimes packages are regional so check where you live):

1. "Standard" Limited with no packages - This includes the 7"display, integrated Nav, Toyota Safety Sense (Blind Spot Monitoring, Lane Departure, Radar-assisted cruise, etc.), satellite radio, entune app suite......
2. Limited with Premium Audio - Adds five extra speakers (+$785)
3. Limited with Advanced Tech Package - Adds the audio package above plus the bird's eye camera system. (+$1,435)

So all limited hybrid rav4's come with integrated Nav and the 7" screen. I have the base Limited model and frankly don't miss the extra speakers or the bird's eye camera, especially not for almost 5% more on the list price. But if you can get a good deal, they might be worth it. Unfortunately, if you want the birds eye, you have to get the speakers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

Too bad about birds eye...I like it and think I would use it, but not sure it is worth $1,500 when I am OK without the speakers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the base Limited model and frankly don't miss the extra speakers or the bird's eye camera, especially not for almost 5% more on the list price.
That's what we got and feel the same way. I was not willing to pay an extra $1400 for features that were of very limited value to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Convenience package for XLE Hybrid

I want the Toyota Safety Sense group of options which supposedly are available in the convenience package for the XLE Hybrid. The option to select that package seems to be lacking on the build it tool on the Toyota.com website. I can't seem to find any dealer inventory with those features either. What gives? I don't need the Soft Tex, JBL system, nor even the Entune junk. However, I'll throw in whatever I need for the safety features (dynamic cruise, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert).

Anyone know if these things are included in the Entune package and just not listed?

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's pretty simple for the Hybrid Limited as there are only three configurations (at least in my part of the country, sometimes packages are regional so check where you live):

1. "Standard" Limited with no packages - This includes the 7"display, integrated Nav, Toyota Safety Sense (Blind Spot Monitoring, Lane Departure, Radar-assisted cruise, etc.), satellite radio, entune app suite......
2. Limited with Premium Audio - Adds five extra speakers (+$785)
3. Limited with Advanced Tech Package - Adds the audio package above plus the bird's eye camera system. (+$1,435)

So all limited hybrid rav4's come with integrated Nav and the 7" screen. I have the base Limited model and frankly don't miss the extra speakers or the bird's eye camera, especially not for almost 5% more on the list price. But if you can get a good deal, they might be worth it. Unfortunately, if you want the birds eye, you have to get the speakers.
Mine is number 1, Standard. It was what was available in the color and interior that we wanted. I certainly don't miss any additional packages.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What you see on the Toyota site is what you get. FWIW, having used it a few times I think the panoramic/bird's eye feature is useless in every day driving. But the blind spot monitors and cross traffic alerts are VERY helpful. In the Limited package its all or nothing for the tech features. You may want to consider the XLE with the convenience package.

Actually it's the most useful feature if you do a lot of city parking and getting around right spots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I want the Toyota Safety Sense group of options which supposedly are available in the convenience package for the XLE Hybrid. The option to select that package seems to be lacking on the build it tool on the Toyota.com website. I can't seem to find any dealer inventory with those features either. What gives? I don't need the Soft Tex, JBL system, nor even the Entune junk. However, I'll throw in whatever I need for the safety features (dynamic cruise, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert).

Anyone know if these things are included in the Entune package and just not listed?
Its listed for me:
Convenience Package — Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), front and rear parking sonar, Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite, and Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)50 State Emissions

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmm.... puzzle puzzle. I see only three options. One net and two Entune packages. Oh well, I know it costs some money. I'll have to check with the dealer.

Can you tell me what the option costs?

·
Premium Member
7,941 Posts
Options vary on the build site depending on location, same for pricing, I saw options here when I built my dream Hybrid that no one else could see and vice versa, just depends on where you are and when cuz they come and go as well.

For instance, right now for my zip code an Electric Storm Blue Hybrid Limited only comes with ash or black interior, no cinnamon which is what I bought, not listed now. The JBL was $875 then, now it's $525.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Hmm.... puzzle puzzle. I see only three options. One net and two Entune packages. Oh well, I know it costs some money. I'll have to check with the dealer.

Can you tell me what the option costs?
Well its part of the Convenience Package regardless of where you are. That package is $2000. You can still get one in your area if the dealer orders it or snags one from the pipeline.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I think the panoramic/bird's eye view is a great feature, and it has been helpful in some tight spots, a number of times. I have not had my Hybrid RAV for very long, but already see how this will be very useful going forward.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Maybe I am a bit slow, but the Toyota site does not seem to be great for building options or we do not have a lot of customization.

Basically I want the Hybrid Limited.

In order to save some cost I am ok without the integrated NAV or fancy JBL speakers. I do kind of want the birds eye camera though.

Just curious if we have more options in regards to the tech packages.

Thanks.
I have found the panaramic/bird's eye feature to be very helpful, in tight spots.
Of course, I have driven all these years without it, but I have no regrets about going with it, now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have found the panaramic/bird's eye feature to be very helpful, in tight spots.
Of course, I have driven all these years without it, but I have no regrets about going with it, now.
I can see this as a very useful feature, especially with the limited view out the back. Tight spots in crowded parking lots come to mind. I also have a dog that loves to haul cordwood around and drop it in odd places.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I can see this as a very useful feature, especially with the limited view out the back. Tight spots in crowded parking lots come to mind. I also have a dog that loves to haul cordwood around and drop it in odd places.
I had a 2009 Prius, before the RAV4, which was a pretty big jump in vehicle size (for me). Now, after getting used to the BEV, it allows me to be a lot more comfortable, driving in all environments. I also have a pretty narrow garage, which makes the BEV, even more valuable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts