Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems from one or two posts, the hybrid battery is underneath the rear seats and that the seats don't completely lay parallel to the ground.

Does this mean it's safe to purchase 2013-2015 all weather mats, including the rear passenger mat? Does the hybrid battery affect the cargo space/floor in any way? I only ask because winter is fast approaching in Canada.

I'm considering the Aries or Husky's.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Seems from one or two posts, the hybrid battery is underneath the rear seats and that the seats don't completely lay parallel to the ground.

Does this mean it's safe to purchase 2013-2015 all weather mats, including the rear passenger mat? Does the hybrid battery affect the cargo space/floor in any way? I only ask because winter is fast approaching in Canada.

I'm considering the Aries or Husky's.

Thank you.
I personally would wait until I had the car in hand before purchasing after-market mats.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems from the latest reviews, the battery affects cargo and not rear passenger seat angle / floor space but may the reviewers just didn't notice that since they're driving.

Forbes Welcome
The paltry 2.8 cubic feet of cargo space lost to the RAV4 Hybrid’s nickel-metal-hydride battery back tucked under the cargo floor is imperceptible.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The OEM All-Weather mats should fit fine, (don't know about others). They are two-piece mats and do not cover the center part. The battery pack does not intrude into the rear passenger footwell.

It looks like the configuration will be just like my Lexus RX AWD hybrid. The only caution is that I was very freaky about putting anything on the floor behind the front seats so that the ventilation vents wound not be obstructed. However, in the RAV, it might not be an issue because I understand that the battery ventilation vents are on the side and not directly on the front.

Because of the battery pack, the rear seats on the RX didn't lie flat either. It was never a huge problem. Was still able to put two bicycles in the back, (with the front wheels attached). About the only drawback is that one couldn't sleep back there.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Volosong.

When you say the rear seats don't lie flat, did you mean when they're collapsed or when they up to accommodate passengers, or both?

·
Registered
424 Posts
When the seat backs are upright, so that people can sit in them, they never did recline so far back that they were 'flat'. They do 'recline' to a small degree, (on my Limited), but not very much.

The seats are hinged and when released, flop forward. On the gas cars, they flop forward to be nearly flat with the rear cargo area. The seat bottoms appear to move slightly forward also to help with this.

On the hybrid, due to the battery pack underneath the seat bottoms, when released, the seat backs also flop forward, but not all the way so that they are flat, or totally horizontal, and in line with the cargo area. If I had to put a number to it, I'd say that toward the rear of the car, where the seat backs are hinged are on one level, same as the cargo area. But, the top of the seat backs, which are now toward the front of the car; are about six inches higher than the hinged part.

Does that make sense? When flopped down, the top of the seat backs are higher than the bottom of the seat backs, (where the hinge is). Maybe a ten or fifteen degree angle off the horizontal.

You'll have to see it. Still easy enough to haul cargo, just not totally flat. We'll know soon enough, probably in a week or two.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Thanks. It makes sense and you did put it eloquently, more than I could ever express, haha.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So can anyone who bought a hybrid comment on the availability of Husky/Aries/Weathertech all weather floor mats?

About a month ago, I was told by Weathertech they didn't have the 3D floor lining for the Hybrid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So can anyone who bought a hybrid comment on the availability of Husky/Aries/Weathertech all weather floor mats?

About a month ago, I was told by Weathertech they didn't have the 3D floor lining for the Hybrid.
I contacted weather tech two days ago regarding the same and the don't have them and didn't mention if they would. Just eyeballing the vehicle dimensions, I can't see why the driver/passenger mats and the mat for the backseat wouldn't fit. The cargo mat would definitely not work for the back for the reasons previously mentioned. I'm a little bummed out as they weathertech mats have served me very well in the past.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I contacted weather tech two days ago regarding the same and the don't have them and didn't mention if they would. Just eyeballing the vehicle dimensions, I can't see why the driver/passenger mats and the mat for the backseat wouldn't fit. The cargo mat would definitely not work for the back for the reasons previously mentioned. I'm a little bummed out as they weathertech mats have served me very well in the past.
Good point. I sent an email to Husky a few hours ago to confirm. Hoping the rear passenger floor mat dimensions will not be too different from the non-hybrid version.

PartsEngine.ca - Canada's leading site for Truck & Auto Accessories

Didn't even know that the major difference would be the cargo area. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been eyeing Weathertech mats, as well. What will likely happen is that I'll buy whichever mats become available first — Toyota's OEM mats or Weathertech's aftermarket mats. Right now, Toyota doesn't seem to list mats for the RAV4 hybrid, and it's the cargo mat that I'd probably be most interested in getting an all-weather mat for. I would hope Weathertech will release mats, however, since they have to do measurements for 2016 anyway.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Toyota has the cargo tray/mat listed both as a separate item and as part of the "all weather liner package".

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been eyeing Weathertech mats, as well. What will likely happen is that I'll buy whichever mats become available first — Toyota's OEM mats or Weathertech's aftermarket mats. Right now, Toyota doesn't seem to list mats for the RAV4 hybrid, and it's the cargo mat that I'd probably be most interested in getting an all-weather mat for. I would hope Weathertech will release mats, however, since they have to do measurements for 2016 anyway.
I bought my Limited Hybrid with All Weather Floor Liners at a list price (MSRP) of $139. WE LOVE LOVE LOVE these mats. Option (upgrade) code is "63" - as listed on the Monronie. This was "instead of" the usual carpet floor mats - I don't remember MSRP cost of those. My $139 DID NOT get me the CARGO MAT. I gots nothin' back there. (Truth be told, I did get an UNWANTED UPGRADE of the Tonneau Cover back there for $90.00 - hardly worth it - it just gets in the way.) I'll probably take it out.

My dealership told me that TOYOTA tried to get into bed with Weather Tech last year but could out work out an agreement. Result: TOYOTA is making their own version of (rubber) mats. Again - we're jiggy wid 'em.

On Thurs or Friday (1/7 or 1/8) I'll post up some pics of my mats for you guys so you can make some more informed decisions. I'll include dimensions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does the cargo liner cover the raised lip that's behind the rear passenger seats? I see plenty of liners listed including the OEM Toyota one and the Weathertech one but none mention if they cover that little lift portion. Just curious. I am deciding if it's cheaper to order from the dealer or just online via Amazon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does the cargo liner cover the raised lip that's behind the rear passenger seats? I see plenty of liners listed including the OEM Toyota one and the Weathertech one but none mention if they cover that little lift portion. Just curious. I am deciding if it's cheaper to order from the dealer or just online via Amazon.
Dunno. No pics of that because - as referenced in my previous post - I got nothin' back there. I do understand that there is a "cargo tray" option / upgrade, and it can preferenced as either a stand-alone upgrade or part of their "all weather package" - but not part of my deal... Cheers!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dunno. No pics of that because - as referenced in my previous post - I got nothin' back there. I do understand that there is a "cargo tray" option / upgrade, and it can preferenced as either a stand-alone upgrade or part of their "all weather package" - but not part of my deal... Cheers!
Is this available through any US Toyota dealer? I don't see it anywhere, and it's not on the Canadian Toyota accessories page. I can't find it on eBay either. What is the part number?

For my Prius Plug-in, my Toyota OEM cargo tray has NEVER been available at Toyota Canada, but I was able to get one from a US Toyota dealer via eBay.

I'd like to get some all weather floor mats too.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Driver's side measures 20.5" side-to-side (across the "R"AV4) and (top-of-tray outside dimensions). Bottom of tray (INTERIOR) measures 18.5". Front (leading edge) to back edge measures 23" (shorter portion) or 24" (longer portion).
I ordered the front and rear Husky All Weather Beater mats and they arrived the other day. Not taking possession of the vehicle until Saturday at the earliest.

Hopefully they will fit and I can just inquire whether a Toyota cargo mat is available for the hybrid. If not, off to the US I go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WeatherTech

Hi. I recently upgraded my 2013 Rav to the new 2016 Rav4 Limited Hybrid. I put the old weathertech mats in the new car. I agree that the back row floor mat isn't a perfect fit because the little tab in the center that points to the back of the car pops up a tiny bit. I'm generally picky about things like that but it sits flat enough that it doesn't bother me. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts