Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my Japanese build XSE 2019 today in park for about an hour in ready mode. I can confirm that the car stayed in ready mode and did not shut off after 20 minutes. Good news for the car camping or use your hybrid as a generator crowd.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
The 2020 has an automatic system shutoff, but it can be disabled by locking the doors, page 215 in the manual, 2019 doesn't have it.

■Automatic hybrid system shut off feature

●The vehicle is equipped with a feature that automatically shuts off the hybrid system when the shift lever is in P with the hybrid system operating for an extended period.

●The hybrid system will automatically shut off after approximately 1 hour if it has been left running while the shift lever is in P.

●The timer for the automatic hybrid system shut off feature will reset if the brake pedal is depressed or if the shift lever is in a position other than P.

●After the vehicle is parked, if the door is locked with the door lock switch (P.132) from the inside or the mechanical key (P.663) from the outside, the automatic hybrid system shut off feature will be disabled. The timer for the automatic hybrid system shut off feature will be re-enabled if the driver’s door is opened.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2020 has an automatic system shutoff, but it can be disabled by locking the doors, page 215 in the manual, 2019 doesn't have it.
●After the vehicle is parked, if the door is locked with the door lock switch (P.132) from the inside or the mechanical key (P.663) from the outside, the automatic hybrid system shut off feature will be disabled. The timer for the automatic hybrid system shut off feature will be re-enabled if the driver’s door is opened.
Cool info. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
415 Posts
So if I understand the manual correctly, after one hour the car will shut off on the 2020 and the 2019 will run until it runs out of gas?

Also, doesn't carbon monoxide poisoning affect the body sooner than 1 hour?
YES, YOU got it..

Because the rav4 is so quite, I have walked away twice in Ready mode...
There is a "ding"
very slight...
If you walk away from a running 2019 ...
Can barely hear it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts