Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's Hybrid got vandalized a few days ago (I only found out about it today). His driver side mirror was smashed clean off the base and his front fender was kicked in.

My main concern right now is to replace the mirror. It's a 2017 Hybrid Limited, and the mirror had blind spot/heated/camera options in it.

Toyota wrecking yards locally don't have a mirror with all of these options. To make matters worse, because the mirror is gone I cannot take a part number off of it to give to them.

I tried looking online and the attached image is the only one i could find, but it's from a european model.

Can those of you with the same options (ie. blind spot/heated/camera) take a look at the underside of the mirror and tell me what you see? or even a picture if possible?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you go to a toyota dealer, you should be able to get the P/N from them for what you need. You could also get the part from them and do the install yourself.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wouldn't ICBC cover it?
Will be hard to find a used one and will need Dealer to set camera setting for surround view.
So sad to hear your Dad's new car got vandalized.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the local toyota parts dept. would not give out part numbers. the most i got from them was a printout of the parts breakdown diagram of the mirror that are numbered to reference a retail price listing, but are not the actual numbers used to order. i don't have the quote in front of me but i think it was north of $700cdn for the complete mirror.

my dad dosen't want his rates to go up again. he works as a property manager downtown and he parks in the ****test places so this is becoming the norm for him. this would be the 1st claim for this car if he were to go through insurance, and would be the 5th claim in the last 3 years if we're counting from his last vehicle.

·
Registered
449 Posts
sorry but what am i missing here? just physically swapping out the camera will require the surround view to be reset?
Not sure about this. I understand surround view is calibration of cameras with software combined to give you the whole picture on your screen. Whether replacing a camera will or will not need Dealer settings, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn, i never thought of that. i was hoping to do the repairs myself to avoid stealership rates but if what you said is true then i'm SOL either way...

·
Registered
449 Posts
You'd save labour on the replacement and if it don't work as it should you can either live with it or pay to have it calibrate. Considering your Dad's job require parking in "drug infested" downtown, there could be more repair jobs for you. Downtown, Chinatown Vancouver is terrible with all the addicts.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
the local toyota parts dept. would not give out part numbers.
Well then, call any of the dozen or so dealers that sell parts online. They're afraid you'll go buy one elsewhere, which you will when you see the difference in pricing. No sense giving those pricks your business.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the local toyota parts dept. would not give out part numbers. the most i got from them was a printout of the parts breakdown diagram of the mirror that are numbered to reference a retail price listing, but are not the actual numbers used to order. i don't have the quote in front of me but i think it was north of $700cdn for the complete mirror.

my dad dosen't want his rates to go up again. he works as a property manager downtown and he parks in the ****test places so this is becoming the norm for him. this would be the 1st claim for this car if he were to go through insurance, and would be the 5th claim in the last 3 years if we're counting from his last vehicle.
He needs to get a beater, cheap old car for going to work, Liability coverage only.
Ott.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts