Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently, I bought a beautiful silver sky 2020 Rav4 XSE (see picture below) with low miles and loaded with every option (available on a XSE) except the roof rack rails. Although I love the vehicle, am I being childish or should I really have waited to get a Prime and stop being jealous every time I see one? (I suppose that the LE and XLE owners probably feel the same when they see my XSE)...
Claude.
P.S: Even if I wanted to trade it for a Prime, I can't because there are none available on the market right now and it makes me wonder what did these guys do to get their hands on one??!...
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
88 Posts
You're right to be jealous!

But really the Prime is nice, and I'm the one being childish by feeling superior every time I whizz away from an intersection in EV mode. I also sometimes catch myself immaturely eyeing up the exotic car in the lane beside me and wondering if I could take them off the line!

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

But really the Prime is nice, and I'm the one being childish by feeling superior every time I whizz away from an intersection in EV mode. I also sometimes catch myself immaturely eyeing up the exotic car in the lane beside me and wondering if I could take them off the line!
Well you'd never "take me off the line" with my Buick Grand National! 😎
Claude.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Call multiple dealerships to let them know you want ONE ASAP, and will be trading in your 2020 plain RAV4.

CAN has a $5k tax incentive from the national government.

Many provinces have some pretty good incentives too for an EV/PHEV.
Some cities are offering incentives too.
Rebates/Tax Credit. Even subsidy to install a home charger.

You will be MUCH happier, save a ton on gas, and it will likely just cost you a few thousand after all the incentives, trade in value, and new R4P purchase.

·
Registered
526 Posts
When orders become available why not order a 2022 Prime XSE with the Premium Package. Drive your current car till it comes in and live without future jealousy. I bet you'll get a good price on a trade in, and a better price if you sell it.
I drove the USA XSE Hybrid and liked it. You will absolutely love the Prime XSE.
Makes your dream a reality. I hope you have the patience of Job. LOL

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
When orders become available why not order a 2022 Prime XSE with the Premium Package. Drive your current car till it comes in and live without future jealousy. I bet you'll get a good price on a trade in, and a better price if you sell it.
I drove the USA XSE Hybrid and liked it. You will absolutely love the Prime XSE.
Makes your dream a reality. I hope you have the patience of Job. LOL
Yeah, that would be a possibility... Thanks for the suggestion. (y)
and
You could always go
for the Lexus nx450h phev coming out in the fall. You could be the envy of all of those Prime lovers. THE ALL-NEW NX
I find the Lexus NX takes time getting used to, especially the look. It's very "angular" and also I am not sure I like the big gaping, bumper-less front grille... I'm not saying it's not nice... but I wonder if I'd like it enough to buy one. (I also see there's a "UX" model but I don't see a difference with the NX... :unsure:
Claude.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
356 Posts
The 2022 nx450h is a rav4 prime with some really nice upgrades. It is also the first plugin Lexus will have in their line-up

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah, that would be a possibility... Thanks for the suggestion. (y)
and

I find the Lexus NX takes time getting used to, especially the look. It's very "angular" and also I am not sure I like the big gaping, bumper-less front grille... I'm not saying it's not nice... but I wonder if I'd like it enough to buy one. (I also see there's a "UX" model but I don't see a difference with the NX... :unsure:
Claude.
...and if you order it, you don't have to buy it. Just make sure (in writing) you can get your deposit back. But jealousy will return.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime
111 Posts

glad I’m not the only one. It’s fun to toy with folks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I test drove the hybrid RAV4 last summer and then waited until February this year to get a Prime. Big difference to me but the hybrid is a very solid choice! I can easily go 1,000km before gas fill-ups due to plugging in. Not on the highway but that's to be expected.

·
Registered
21 RAV4 XSE Hybrid Magnetic Grey
127 Posts
Recently, I bought a beautiful silver sky 2020 Rav4 XSE (see picture below) with low miles and loaded with every option (available on a XSE) except the roof rack rails. Although I love the vehicle, am I being childish or should I really have waited to get a Prime and stop being jealous every time I see one? (I suppose that the LE and XLE owners probably feel the same when they see my XSE)...
Claude.
P.S: Even if I wanted to trade it for a Prime, I can't because there are none available on the market right now and it makes me wonder what did these guys do to get their hands on one??!...
View attachment 171522
I think that's pretty normal, you're not the only one.

I personally know I wouldn't be happy with the SE prime because I like too many of the features on my XSE hybrid such as the Softex seats, digital mirror and rear camera dynamic guidelines. I don't love the Toyota app but I still like having it's functionality available. I also would at least want an auto dimming mirror with homelink, I can't imagine going back to a basic day/night mirror.

I would love to get the XSE prime ideally with the premium package but also fine without it. In my area it's not realistically possible to get it without paying a chunk over MSRP and waiting a very long time.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
220 Posts
In my area it's not realistically possible to get it without paying a chunk over MSRP and waiting a very long time.
Have you called all the dealers in your area? I decided about a month ago that I wanted a Prime XSE Premium, so emailed all the dealers in my area. Most said I would have to wait a while, but one said he had one that would arrive in port in a few weeks. Now I have it in my garage and didn’t pay more than MSRP.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Really wanted the hybrid but couldn't justify the slow acceleration so I waited for a fully loaded prime. 50k later...

·
Registered
526 Posts
If the Lexus NX450 come with the backlighted door window controls, go buy em.
I don't think that's enough of a reason to buy the NX450h. You can add that feature to the R4P aftermarket. Easy peasy.

IMO, only two things are better in the NX: luxury interior and improved NAV system. The R4P can go farther and faster and is cheaper. I just don't see the NX as desirable if you have the R4P as a buying an option.
That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Reading, on this forum, about all the problems with the high end and/or hybrid RAVs, I think you really want to be careful about what you yearn for. Keep what you have.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
220 Posts
Reading, on this forum, about all the problems with the high end and/or hybrid RAVs, I think you really want to be careful about what you yearn for. Keep what you have.
Every forum about every kind of car has reports of problems. If you let that dictate the kind of car you get, you will end up with nothing.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime
111 Posts
Ya, if folks listened to the complaints and didn’t buy when the 3rd gen taco came out, the Tacoma would have stopped being produced. But now 5 plus years later, you can’t buy one as they are being gobbled up sooner than dealers can get em. Even pre COVID, they were selling like hot cakes on a cold winter morning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts