Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Keep what you have.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do for now. I might be a little jealous when I see a Prime but that feeling goes away as soon as it disappears from my sight...:)
Claude

• Love
Reactions: paperboy

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ya, if folks listened to the complaints and didn’t buy when the 3rd gen taco came out, the Tacoma would have stopped being produced. But now 5 plus years later, you can’t buy one as they are being gobbled up sooner than dealers can get em. Even pre COVID, they were selling like hot cakes on a cold winter morning.
That's fine for Gen 4 and 5 owners. Small comfort for Gen 3 owners.
I prefer to let the factory and "early adopters" be the crash test dummies, not me. After the bugs are found and fixed, then I buy.
In computing it's called, "the leading edge is fine, the BLEEDING edge is not so fine".

·
Registered
117 Posts
Recently, I bought a beautiful silver sky 2020 Rav4 XSE (see picture below) with low miles and loaded with every option (available on a XSE) except the roof rack rails. Although I love the vehicle, am I being childish or should I really have waited to get a Prime and stop being jealous every time I see one? (I suppose that the LE and XLE owners probably feel the same when they see my XSE)...
Claude.
P.S: Even if I wanted to trade it for a Prime, I can't because there are none available on the market right now and it makes me wonder what did these guys do to get their hands on one??!...
View attachment 171522
I sometimes get jealous when I see a landrover SVR, Mercedes g wagon or a Mustang cobra. Other than that it's all the same to me simple car gets me from a to b low maintenance don't worry where I park. There is so many of our cars and they all look the same. Just enjoy your car and life lol. Everyone can have a nice car in the usa...if your doing it in a 3rd world country that's when your a baller and should do the nice car for the ladies. Everytime I see a Lamborghini or Ferrari the guy in the states doesn't even have a supermodel with him. Sad state of things lol. Most often he is flying lone wolf.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I sometimes get jealous when I see a landrover SVR, Mercedes g wagon or a Mustang cobra. Other than that it's all the same to me simple car gets me from a to b low maintenance don't worry where I park. There is so many of our cars and they all look the same. Just enjoy your car and life lol. Everyone can have a nice car in the usa...if your doing it in a 3rd world country that's when your a baller and should do the nice car for the ladies. Everytime I see a Lamborghini or Ferrari the guy in the states doesn't even have a supermodel with him. Sad state of things lol. Most often he is flying lone wolf.
You have got to have a lot of disposable income to justify flushing $100,000 -$200,000 on a car that will most likely depreciate.

I swallowed hard paying $42,000 each for two Prime SE. The only comfort in the purchase is if they are built like a Prius we can plan on 15-20 years of reliable low cost service which will get me to 77 years of age.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's fine for Gen 4 and 5 owners. Small comfort for Gen 3 owners.
I prefer to let the factory and "early adopters" be the crash test dummies, not me. After the bugs are found and fixed, then I buy.
In computing it's called, "the leading edge is fine, the BLEEDING edge is not so fine".
I just bought a 2021 R4XSE Hybrid in Magnetic Gray Metallic on July 10th, at first I wanted the R4PXSE fully loaded but impossible to get in Washington state so it was just time to move forward with my 2nd best choice which was the one I purchased and believe me I did a lot of research on both so I was well informed before I pulled the trigger, and by me saying that I am vvery pleased with everything about my R4XSE Hybrid inside and out and averaging 46 mpg in both city and freeway driving mix.
When I first ordered my 2021 R4XSE on July 1st with all the options and color that I wanted and put down a $1000 deposit and was told by the dealership that I wouldn't get it until 3-4 months I was called by the dealership on July 3rd telling me that they had an exact match alloted to their dealership and it would be in the following week but they weren't sure what day, I received a call from the dealership on July 10th telling me my R4XSE Hybrid was ready for pickup drove to the dealership about 15 miles away and purchased it, the transaction was the smoothest and paid MSRP for it and no up charge and was able to receive it 10 days you can't beat that it was meant to be lol.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
(I suppose that the LE and XLE owners probably feel the same when they see my XSE)..

LOL, no. That piano black trims look like a lipstick on a pig.
What?? o_O ... My RAV4 looks like a pig? 🐷

·
Registered
56 Posts
Your rav4 looks like everybody else’s. I don’t feel jealous about your xse. In my opinion shiny trims are not ecstatically appealing. That’s just a preference in taste. I don’t like blond girls for instance.
I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings.
take it easy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your rav4 looks like everybody else’s. I don’t feel jealous about your xse. In my opinion shiny trims are not ecstatically appealing. That’s just a preference in taste. I don’t like blond girls for instance.
take it easy
Hurt my feeling? you can't hurt my feelings lol, like you said it's all preference and it's that way with everything in life so let's just go with that.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Lipstick on a pig. Saddle on a sow.
Under the chrome and bling, it's still a middle of the road Toyota. Not a bad car, just a car.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
take it easy
No, no we're good... It's just that I never heard that expression before... I'm more used to "different strokes for different folks"!
Claude.;)

·
Registered
Prime XSE Premium, Venza Limited
640 Posts
take it easy
Interesting, I love blonds and hate unpainted textured plastic. As they say, it's what makes the world go around.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Recently, I bought a beautiful silver sky 2020 Rav4 XSE (see picture below) with low miles and loaded with every option (available on a XSE) except the roof rack rails. Although I love the vehicle, am I being childish or should I really have waited to get a Prime and stop being jealous every time I see one? (I suppose that the LE and XLE owners probably feel the same when they see my XSE)...
Claude.
P.S: Even if I wanted to trade it for a Prime, I can't because there are none available on the market right now and it makes me wonder what did these guys do to get their hands on one??!...
View attachment 171522
You are the CUV owner equivalent of a 2010 Mustang GT owner. Go ahead and trade it now while the trading is good.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You are the CUV owner equivalent of a 2010 Mustang GT owner. Go ahead and trade it now while the trading is good.
What?... I don't understand a word you're saying. What's a "CUV owner", then what does a 2010 Mustang has to do in this thread?... and last, it's not really the time to trade as prices are too high and availibility is very limited...

21 - 40 of 41 Posts