Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't make my mind up lol.
Black, silver, or pearl white. I think I'll get black.

But here's a twist. I am also considering a lexus IS250 RWD manual which is the same price as the rav4 I want and they both have th exact same features. Only one is a suv, limited leather etc.. or one is a sports car / luxury lexus.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rav4 will never be as luxurious as IS. IS here would be a lot more than Rav4, and I would love to import IS350, but my main problem with it in Europe, especially eastern europe is that Rav4 will hold value a lot better.

You got to decide if you preffer versatility over luxury. Plus, Rav4 V6 should be considerably faster too :).

·
Registered
233 Posts
This took me about .00002 miliseconds to decide. Lexus, baby! Get a trailer and hitch and your ready to go. BTW can you show me a link to establish the price similarities?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Omega Man said:
This took me about .00002 miliseconds to decide. Lexus, baby! Get a trailer and hitch and your ready to go. BTW can you show me a link to establish the price similarities?

PREMIUM LEATHER WITH MOONROOF PACKAGE $6,300.00
Power Moonroof, Premium Leather Seat Surfaces, Heated Passenger Seat with Ventilation Fan, 10-way Power Adjustable Drivers Seat, 10-way Power Adjustable Passenger Seat, Heated Driver Seat with Ventilation Fan, P245/45R17 (Rear), All Season, P225/45R17 (Front), Woodgrain Trim, 17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels

$42,600 - 1,400 discount = $41,200 + freight + taxes

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience/en/home/vehicles/configurator/BK262M2006/configurator.jsp?model=BK262M&year=2006

The Rav4 works out to $39,999 (V6 Limited, Leather seats, side air bags, window visors, side step bars, sunroof wind deflector, rear bumper protect, bodysideboulding, Ecltrochromic mirror with compass, power moonroof, fog lights, heat seats, premium JBL sound system)

Also I should mention with the Rav4 I will be getting some sort of discount to. I've been dealing directly with the manager. So I would expect that I will most likely receive $1,500 to $2,000 off.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test drove the NEW V6 today! WOW the rav4 flies! It felt more solid then the lexus is 250! I test drove the sport flint mica (the color I wanted but can't get in the limited). This rav4 has SOoo much power it is insane! I love it! I made my deal today. All that is left is I have to decide on a color and sign and put my depoist. I could end up with either a silver or black rav4 by the end of this week or early next week.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
csis_agent said:
All that is left is I have to decide on a color and sign and put my depoist. I could end up with either a silver or black RAV4 by the end of this week or early next week.
Black can be gorgeous when clean, but it will show dust about 5 minutes after you finish washing it. I will never own a really dark car again - I hate the way black shows every little blemish and speck.

John Davies
Spokane WA

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
If you are a true car person, you would get black even if it requires more cleaning. I've owned a black GSR and I give it the royal treatment 2 times a year (3 phase car wax) and clay bar it once a year. I even details my motorcycle and my wife's scooter 3 times per year and have a bright white Accord which has somewhat of a similar problem as black cars do.

The moral: Get what you love. Don't settle. If you are lazy, that's what those hand wash places are for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts