Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0:) I have about 875 miles on my 2016 Rav4 XLE Hybrid. First I thoroughly washed the vehicle and went through a touch free car wash with of course a spot free rinse. I did notice that there was a small amount of foreign debris on my paint surface. I took a very small area at a time and sprayed it with a clay luber, clayed the area, and finished with a micro fiber towel. After this, I put my hand on the paint surface and it glided beautifully. :smile Then I put probably the most expensive wax that there is for my baby. I purchased Pinnacle Souveran wax in the largest size. It was about $100.00 US dollars. Was it worth it? For me, it was unbelievable. You don't have to put much on and you can immediately and very lightly rub it off with of course a micro fiber towel. Most importantly it is clear coat safe and will give you no residue on your black trim. I'm sure that there are other wax's that can do this. What ever you do, please do not use Nu-Finish on your vehicle. This was rated by Consumer reports as being the best wax. This stuff ruined my previous Prius. Once on the black trim, I could never get the white residue off of the black trim. Thankfully, I don't smoke cigarettes or I couldn't afford this wax. I do have a beer now and :smilelook at this wonderful Rav4World.com forum.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Pinnacle is good stuff, I have probably the whole collection of pricey waxes PBMG makes (fusion, blackice to name a few)

what color is you rav4? usually clay bar on soft Toyota paint causing marring on darker colors, so you almost have to do a fine polish after to bring back the paint!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pinnacle is good stuff, I have probably the whole collection of pricey waxes PBMG makes (fusion, blackice to name a few)

what color is you rav4? usually clay bar on soft Toyota paint causing marring on darker colors, so you almost have to do a fine polish after to bring back the paint!
You have really nailed it on this! Of all colors, I have Sand Black. The clay bar that I purchased was for "light duty!" Still, as you have mentioned you have to be extremely careful. In some areas, I noticed that I could take off the road or environmental items just by rubbing very lightly in the area with this quality wax alone. Micro fiber towels are an absolute blessing. Certainly, for all of my friends on this forum, I advise to be very careful. This white residue stuff that you will get with some waxes, I wouldn't want for anyone. Then, every time you get into the vehicle, you'll see this on the trim. I don't want any of my fellow 2016 RAV4 Hybrid owners to experience this!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bird droppings

In the glove compartment of my RAV4 XLE Hybrid, I carry some wet wipes. After I'm done playing music, going to the grocery store, or doing volunteer work for US veterans. I do a visual check of the vehicle. If I see a bird dropping, guess what? I'm ready! Bird droppings are bad news for your paint finish! I love my RAV4 XLE Hybrid! I'm ready almost immediately to protect my RAV4!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts