Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry... hate to brag... but my job is normally soooooooooo boring... anytime something new like this comes along... I gotta brag 8)

We processed a few 2006 V6 RAV4s through the Port of Portland last night. Sorry... too busy to note WHERE they were being shipped to. I hope my BOSS doesn't read the rest of this message... :roll: Two hours into my shift I finally got a chance to drive one. After processing the vehicle... instead of making the usual left turn to the load lines... I made a right turn and headed down the dock along the river. Nice long straight stretch... about 1/2 mile long. Of course... it being a brand new vehicle... I didn't drive it hard :wink:

Up to now I was waiting to place my order for one of the V6 models. After driving one... my immediate thought was that I will be bringing my security deposit to work tomorrow to lock in my order. 8) This thing is a BLAST to drive :lol: Better yet... the mileage rating is 28 hiwway... same as the 4 banger :!:

Only one catch... we also received our FIRST shipment of the new 2007 Camrys last night. My wife works at Toyota with me. She saw the new Camry :roll: It has the same V6 as the 2006 RAV4. Haven't seen a price on the Camry yet. My wife is really liking the looks of the Camry........................ more later :?

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
niceeeeee Kelly.... These v-6's are REALLY make these Ravs more popular then they already are!!!!.. What was the city rating?????

Your wife is right tho. The new camrys look SWEEET

YOUR job is boring?? How can it be?? Id love to be around new cars every day :) what a cool job!

K

·
0 Posts
Sooo lucky!! I'm really impressed with power of my 4 banger. Since it's new I'm not doing hard accelerations from a stop but even a moderate acceleration leaves the other cars behind. I told my salesman I had to hurry up and get a Rav before the V6's started showing up as that would just add to my decision making. For me, I think the 4 banger is fine. I'm sure the V6 will be a blast, but even if they were available now I don't think I could justify the extra cost.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It would be real interesting to see the gas mileage differences between the 4 & 6 cyl. Everyone is saying they are the same (or real close...1 to 2 mpg off).

Packages and trim being equal, what is the cost difference between the 4 & 6 cylinder?

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Base 4 vs 6 Prices on invoice

TCDudley said:
Invoice difference between base 4wd 4cyl and 6cyl is $2300 Cdn.
Did you get this information from Car Cost Canada? If so, could you post dealer invoice price or PM the info to me. I'm looking to purchase a V6 Limited.

Thanks in advance.

S

·
0 Posts
kuj said:
It would be real interesting to see the gas mileage differences between the 4 & 6 cyl. Everyone is saying they are the same (or real close...1 to 2 mpg off).

Packages and trim being equal, what is the cost difference between the 4 & 6 cylinder?
difference is that when you press the gas, V6 spends a lot more fuel than 4cly...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
Sorry...
Only one catch... we also received our FIRST shipment of the new 2007 Camrys last night. My wife works at Toyota with me. She saw the new Camry :roll: It has the same V6 as the 2006 RAV4. Haven't seen a price on the Camry yet. My wife is really liking the looks of the Camry........................ more later :?
Just curious if you noticed the milage rating on the Camry, V-6 vs I-4?
Camry is our next Toyota purchase.

·
Registered
230 Posts
spwolfx said:
kuj said:

difference is that when you press the gas, V6 spends a lot more fuel than 4cly...
that, and it also goes a lot faster.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flyingn said:
What was the city rating???
I think the 4x4 V6 mileage rating was 21city/28hiway, compared to the 2wd I-4 rating of 24/28, but don't quote me on that... as I was busier looking at the 4 speed auto and any other differences. Tail pipe appeared to be slightly larger diameter (single exhaust)... and of course at the same time I'm trying to do my JOB... and NOT look like a complete idiot to my coworkers... who don't even realize they are processing V6 RAVs :shock: :lol:

Shar Pei Puppy said:
Just curious if you noticed the milage rating on the Camry, V-6 vs I-4?
No mileage rating on the Camry. We are NOT processing them yet. I was surprised to see the 2007 Camry show up this early. I hear now that even the Camry Hybrid is supposed to be here any day now :shock:

Omega Man said:
Kelly,
Are you processing any Base v-6s?
Yes... even saw 1 base 2wd V6 :lol: All the V6's I've seen so far have been either LIMITED or BASE models. No SPORTs yet.

I'll try to make more notes of the V6's as they come through. I've heard the V6 3rd row seat option will NOT be available with a MOONROOF... at least in other countries. For the US, I find this hard to believe.

I

·
0 Posts
I am so looking forward to driving the v6 when they are available. This is the first automobile that has really seemed to meet all my needs ......room, decent fuel economy, excellent power! Does anybody have comments on the ride and noise levels? There seem to be conflicting reports in the reviews that I have read.

That being said, I was at the NAIAS in Detroit recently and got to spend some time in the new Camry. Wow, I think Toyota did a great job of it! While the syling is nothing great it is certainly a big improvment from the current one. Toyota just seems to know what they are doing more than ever!

C

·
0 Posts
ok... i think i hate you... :oops:

uhm.. not really! i'm just jealous.. GREEN with ENVY! :twisted: :twisted:

:?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Fuel millage is calculated on just the engine in a labratory. They "estimate" the millage based on certain RPM's and the quantity of fuel it burns in a given time.

The added weight will deffinetly add to the consumption and the added muscle will deffinetly add to the increased "pedal-to-the-metal" action going on.

I don't doubt that it will be efficient on the highway. With extra torque, the RPM's will stay lower and in turn use less fuel. I'm sure in any case that it will be a fun Rav to drive.

Have fun Kelly with your new RAV. Hope you get it and not a Camry. Afterall the Camry is for retirees. :lol: :lol:

Later. M.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have fun Kelly with your new RAV. Hope you get it and not a Camry. Afterall the Camry is for retirees. :lol: :lol:
Later.

Not so fast. I'm going to be retiring this year. I currently own a 2002 Camry XLE. The new RAV may just be my next vehicle. Waiting to test drive the V6 LTD. (with all available options) before making up my mind.

S

·
0 Posts
Petla said:
Later.

Not so fast. I'm going to be retiring this year. I currently own a 2002 Camry XLE. The new RAV may just be my next vehicle. Waiting to test drive the V6 LTD. (with all available options) before making up my mind.
270hp, i hope you have a good heart... sorry, couldnt resist :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
270hp, i hope you have a good heart... sorry, couldnt resist :)[/quote]

Good one. There are no garantees in life. I'll be 54 this year. Although I don't have the stamina I once had. I still jog 2-3 times a week and play hockey another 2-3 times a week. It's not as easy as it use to be (the body aches a little). If you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed now (played hockey at 7:00 a.m. this morning). :wink:

C

·
0 Posts
Kelly how was the throttle.... lets hear!!! What was it like compared to other cars. Did it feel really fast :) I imagine since they have the lexus who uses the same engine we could somehow tweak it to 305hp or even more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts