Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this has happened to anybody yet...but yesterday, while turning right on a VERY tight corner (the idiot on the street I was turning on was in MY lane coming at me), I bumped the curb...and, the RAV went "beep, beep, beep." Scared me! LOL! I do wonder...however, what that beep was...

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
That is your stability control system kicking in, your Rav is trying to straighten you out. You will hear that sound alot if you drive in the snow.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it only works when you loose control of the vehicle. I suspect that your problem was that you simply turned too close, not too fast.

·
Registered
654 Posts
spwolfx said:
it only works when you loose control of the vehicle. I suspect that your problem was that you simply turned too close, not too fast.
Thanks, spwolfx. I figure just bumping the curb wouldn't set it off. (I was also being a bit of a smart*ss with my comment to 5 hole's smart*ss comment :wink: :D. I come from a family where these types of comments earned you points. :lol: ).

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's really none of my business, but I took go 5 hole's comment to mean that it was warning of the idiot coming down the wrong side of the road, not calling RAVishing an idiot. :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all! LOL! I really didn't think go 5 was calling me an idiot...but....for some reason I felt compelled to explain myself. You see...I have had this problem since I was a little kid...always feeling I had to justify my actions. I think it was because my siblings always blamed me for EVERYTHING, and I was the one that always got into trouble! LOL! No hard feelings? I'm just a happy-go-lucky gal.

spwolfx...FWIW...I didn't lose control of my vehicle...it must be very sensitive. I was surprised it happened because I just bumped the curb.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
The RAV brochure sez there's also a "beep" for the Hill Assist Climb feature -- activated after braking and starting ascent. Did the RAV beep when your tire was scaling the curb? :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
The G Man said:
The beep is actually nice to have. It is a early warning system telling you slow down.
As long as it's not followed by oxygen masks falling from the ceiling! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
pweezil said:
The G Man said:
The beep is actually nice to have. It is a early warning system telling you slow down.
As long as it's not followed by oxygen masks falling from the ceiling! :mrgreen:
No it is not followed by a oxygen mask, it is usually followed by a smack in the head by the wife. :D :lol: :wink:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
flyingn said:
eeek, hope you did not damage the wheel... I did not know the stalbility controls beeps. I know a lights comes on in the dash but the beep I was not aware of..
I had a chance to do some slippin' and slidin' today. I found a parking lot that was not plowed and tried out the ABS and Traction Control. When the traction control activates, there is some beeping and the dash indicator shows its working. The ABS is something else. Sounds like something is breaking in the brake system. I would like to hear what others think.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The newer ABS shakes the brake panel a little bit. The older generation ABS is even worst, It would shake your brake padel violently and most people who dont know the system will let go of the brake panel cus they think something is wrong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts