G
#1 ·
I had enough of that buzzer. It is now dead. Here is how

Pull bezel off of cluster. Pull straight off

Tilt the steering wheel down and telescope it out

Unscrew the two screws holding the cluster in

Pull the cluster straight out and lay it down on steering coloumn

Undo connector from back

Remove cluster from car. Seperate the back from the cluster by gently lifting the tabs. Pull apart.

Remove cover from buzzer pry gently up

Remove gold disc and snap on cover

Install black cap (snap back on ) without the gold disc. The gold disc is the Piezo buzzer which is making the noise for the seat belt and door being open.

Install cluster in reverse order as taking apart. The only thing not working with the seat belt buzzer is the door open chime. I can live without that

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Yeah, why don't you disable the airbags, take off the side mirrors, and see if you can find an aftermarket, non-collapsible steering column! :lol:

Seriously, though, what's the problem with the car reminding you to do up your seatbelt?

#5 ·
What does the buzzer or beeper do in the new RAVs? Does it go on for a long time or is it particularly loud or what?

In my 2000 it beeps for a few seconds, and the light flashes for a few seconds after that, but that's it. I assume the warning in the 2006 is more insistent?

G
#7 ·
Toyota is coming out with a fool proof beeper. This will start to beep softly 7 days in advance and will continue to grow louder and louder until the car payment has been made. If payment is past due 30 days, car will be electronically shut off and will not be able to start until payment is made.

G
#8 ·
Friends of ours have a 2005 Corolla and it does the same thing, the annoying beep that doesnt stop until the belt is put on. It seems to me that Toyota is going with the annoying beeper in all the vehicles now. :doh:

G
#9 ·
I guess my main concern is that I find it easy enough to disregard as it is now, with the flashing lights and the beeper. I would worry that I would be reminded even less if the beeping were cut. Sheesh, all these features to protect us from ourselves!

G
#10 ·
Just to let everyone know, I wear my seat belt even though Massachusetts does't have a seat belt law. That beeper annoyed me when you started the car without the belt on, got out to get the mail and drove down the driveway into the garage, putting a carton on the passenger seat, undoing seat belt to get money for drive thru's, etc. It was a constant annoying beep. Good riddance to that Piezo beeper/buzzer.

G
#11 ·
FYI: I picked up a V6 Ltd today. The seat belt indicator beeps five times (about five seconds) and then stops. I have yet to encounter the 30 second long beeping that is beeping mentioned.

My RAV was made in March '06 -- maybe they changed something.

G
#14 ·
inlets said:
You got to be kidding! You ripped apart your whole front end, ( just about) for a seat belt buzzer!! Massachusetts I knew it! God, I'm glad I left. :doh:
I'm glad you left MAssachusetts to. Three piece to take out. If I had to do it again, I could do it in 10 minutes or less. Get a hold of yourself , you make it sound like I tore it apart and it will never be the same. You can reinsert the gold disc (Piezo) and it will work like new again.

The best thing about this mod is that it doesn't affect anything except that annoying sound. The lights still flash for the seat belts and open doors.

#15 ·
Ah - the warning for the passenger seat is something only newer vehicles have - mine only cares about the driver.

Massachusetts does have a seat belt law but it isn't a primary offense - they can't pull you over just for not wearing your seatbelt, but they can nail you if you get pulled over for something else and you're not buckled up. With about 65% buckling up, MA is 49th out of 50 states in seat belt use.

G
#16 ·
I see alot of unhappy angry people in this forum. I have read for quite some time how annoyed people were with the seat belt beeper.

Instead of rejoicing that a fix has been found, I get people attacking me cause they are just nasty people. You know who you are. I think the moderators should give a warning to the culprits .

This is suppose to be a friendly forum and we are all here to help each other. Not to tear apart fellow members and what they do to their vehicles. If the seat belt beeper doesn't annoy you, then why in hell are you participating in this discussion. I find these people as annoying as the seat belt beeper.

G
#17 ·
I agree, ravfanatic, I think you should take them apart and remove their piezo too! That would show 'em!

Seriously, though, glad to hear you're personalizing your ride. I just picked up mine from getting Clear Bra put on.

Enjoy your RAV4; I'm sure it'll give you many years of vehicular pleasure!

#21 ·
Oh ya!

I was just waiting for the right moment to "chime" in on this. I think the thread crappers need to be stopped too. I have been following this web site for a while now looking for interesting info on our Ravs', because I like it. I hate when I have to read through a whole bunch of non-related or related but non-relevant posts. I bet these thread crappers would hate to know that some of the Rav owners have hit the 170kph limiter and that everybody's insurance rates are going to go up because the black box information is sent to information collection companies that sell the stats to insurance companies. The insurance companies will then classify Rav owners as reckless and up goes the rates for anyone that owns a Rav. And as for having to pay for someone else's injuries due to not following safety guidlines, I think that all thread crappers need to post a picture of thier ergonomically correct keyboards before they post again, because you know, I am going to have to pay medical bills for carpal-tunal issues that regular keyboards warn you about. I want a warning beeper installed on all regular keyboards please! OK, enough.
Here is an actual question. If you have something in the front passenger seat and the sensors record to the black box that you have a passenger not wearing a seatbelt and you get in an accident, do you think the insurance company will believe that you just had a box or briefcase on your seat and not actually trying to hide an unbelted passenger to avoid further problems. My wife suggested to put the belt on my briefcase to stop the beeping and avoid the black box problem. Nope, don't think so!
Wow I feel better now.

Rav on dudes

G
#23 ·
ppuder said:
Maybe I wasn't going fast enough, as BarnyFife eluded to. I will try again tomorrow and see if I get more than a five second chime.
My bad. It does what I said on start up. If I don't move for five seconds, it is done. Once I start driving, it does what everyone is describing.

G
#24 ·
ppuder said:
FYI: I picked up a V6 Ltd today. The seat belt indicator beeps five times (about five seconds) and then stops. I have yet to encounter the 30 second long beeping that is beeping mentioned.

My RAV was made in March '06 -- maybe they changed something.
I haven't had the long, annoying beep either...our RAV was made in December. Somebody here said it beeped more when you were at a higher speed...something like 12 mph...so, hopefully a person has their seatbelt on before they hit 12 mph.

G
#25 ·
Ravfanatic - I totally support you and everyone that post these mods that are very useful.
I personally put my seatbelt on immediately after getting in the car and turning the ignition on. I don't need any buzzer to tell me what to do. What's next a buzzer that goes off if you go over the speed limit or roll through a stop sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.