Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ridiculous. Def going with Mazda for the next car.

Congrats Toyota. I love every part of your car except the infotainment. And you have solidified my decision to not buy your cars anymore.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Entune 3.0 has a Verizon Cell Radio built in and requires Verizon cell data subscription.
The good news: You can track your car in case if stolen.
The bad news: They can track your car even you did not activate cell data.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyota FAQ
Q: Can I upgrade my current Toyota vehicle to feature Entune 3.0 App Suite Connect?
A: While App Suite Connect is available for download on your smartphone, the app cannot be implemented into existing vehicles through hardware or software upgrades. The app is only compatible with the upcoming 2018 Camry and future Toyota vehicles equipped with Entune 3.0 Audio, Entune 3.0 Audio Plus, and Entune 3.0 Premium Audio multimedia display systems

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The good news: Can play video from USB: MP4/AVI/WMV format.
The bad news: Video from iPod Touch will play sound only. No video.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bad news:
m3u playlists not compatile with Entune 3.0
No MirrorLink
No Android Audio
No Car Play.

Dear Toyota: Please kill Entune before 2018.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
My other new vehicle has Android Auto and I believe this may be important in the future with my next new vehicle. Comparing the voice recognition in my 2015 Rav4 XLE with my new vehicle(2017) it is like night and day. My Rav4 does a very poor job in voice recognition compared to my other vehicle. I have not spent the time training the speech recognition in the Rav4 and that may be part of the problem and someday I will try it. I want an infotainment system that will utilize the up-to-date maps from my phone and not have to buy a microSD card every couple of years from the dealer.

Frank 2015 Rav4 XLE AWD

·
Registered
114 Posts
The problem with the infotainment systems on almost every new car (as I see it) is that it is so deeply integrated into the rest of the car's systems that the owner is limited in what he can change. Finding an aftermarket head unit that gives an audiophile the sound he wants without losing rear camera or the ability to adjust adaptive cruise control sensitivity or some other parameters can be frustrating. Integrating navigation into these units is even worse,since map updates cost a fortune,as well as chaining you to the Dealer ! I'll NEVER buy a NAV system in a new car. I prefer my Garmin with it's LIFETIME map updates included,as well as Traffic monitoring. Plus,the voice command features,well...they just WORK ! And I can remove the unit from the car,take it inside and load new destinations,plan a trip route and load it,all from the comfort of my home. Plus,if it goes belly-up at some point,it is easily and cheaply replaced. Toyota and other manufacturers can keep their wonky NAV units.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The problem with the infotainment systems on almost every new car (as I see it) is that it is so deeply integrated into the rest of the car's systems that the owner is limited in what he can change. Finding an aftermarket head unit that gives an audiophile the sound he wants without losing rear camera or the ability to adjust adaptive cruise control sensitivity or some other parameters can be frustrating. Integrating navigation into these units is even worse,since map updates cost a fortune,as well as chaining you to the Dealer ! I'll NEVER buy a NAV system in a new car. I prefer my Garmin with it's LIFETIME map updates included,as well as Traffic monitoring. Plus,the voice command features,well...they just WORK ! And I can remove the unit from the car,take it inside and load new destinations,plan a trip route and load it,all from the comfort of my home. Plus,if it goes belly-up at some point,it is easily and cheaply replaced. Toyota and other manufacturers can keep their wonky NAV units.
Garmin or Tom Tom with LIFETIME map are much better. Their maps are behind as well. The best navigation with live traffic are Google Maps or Waze. Toyota don't have Apple Car or Android Auto. They want to sell their over priced under accurate navigation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
The bad news:
m3u playlists not compatile with Entune 3.0
Entune 3.0 doesn't support playlists of any kind! It is the worst. I can buy a 32GB USB stick for $10 and fill it with music, but I have to play individual albums?!? Do you know how many music albums I can fit on a 32GB USB stick? I don't, I stopped putting music on it when I found out I couldn't use playlists. I have to hack the album info in my audio book files just to get them to play correctly.

I just bought a new portable music player so I would be able to use playlists again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My other new vehicle has Android Auto and I believe this may be important in the future with my next new vehicle. Comparing the voice recognition in my 2015 Rav4 XLE with my new vehicle(2017) it is like night and day. My Rav4 does a very poor job in voice recognition compared to my other vehicle. I have not spent the time training the speech recognition in the Rav4 and that may be part of the problem and someday I will try it. I want an infotainment system that will utilize the up-to-date maps from my phone and not have to buy a microSD card every couple of years from the dealer.

Frank 2015 Rav4 XLE AWD
My wife got a new Camry with 3.0 entune and the Siri button activates Google Assistant and voice commands work perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 64GB flash drive with about 460 MP3 files (each file is a complete album) all in the root directory. I have Entune (a very bad system) play randomly and haven't had any problems with that; though it will not display all of the album covers, which I have put into each MP3 file. What's crazy is it will pick up the artist name and album name but not the cover.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts