Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 RAV4 LE upgrade model. Two things I am not happy with.
1. The rear brakes are loud.
2. I can hear sloshing sound from fuel tank when I braking. Sounds like a half bottle of water.
Anyone has these same problems?:crying

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Reactions: anweica

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've never noticed either actually. I've heard of people saying they hear sloshing from the tank though but I've never heard it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought a 2015 RAV4 LE upgrade model. Two things I am not happy with.
1. The rear brakes are loud.

What is an LE upgrade model?

The rear rotors might have rust on them? If it continues take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

The rear rotors might have rust on them? If it continues take it to the dealer.
I assume he is from Canada. We have two models of LE. One with a basic non touch screen radio/4 speakers and no back up camera, no roof rails and a few other things ommited I think. The upgrade I'd imagine is what the US LE model is.

Found the list. This is the upgrade package:

6.1" Display Audio System
6 Speakers
Voice Recognition Controls
Backup Camera
Heated Front Seats
Tonneau Cover
Privacy Glass
Silver Painted Roof Rails

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts
I assume he is from Canada. We have two models of LE. One with a basic non touch screen radio/4 speakers and no back up camera, no roof rails and a few other things ommited I think. The upgrade I'd imagine is what the US LE model is.

Found the list. This is the upgrade package:

6.1" Display Audio System
6 Speakers
Voice Recognition Controls
Backup Camera
Heated Front Seats
Tonneau Cover
Privacy Glass
Silver Painted Roof Rails
We have 3 trim levels in the US, LE, XLE, and Limited. Our LE doesn't come with any of the features you list. It seems your LE upgrade package falls in between our LE and XLE. Now in 2016, they are adding the SE trim level, more of a sport package I think.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Really? Weird. I thought all US ravs have the backup camera 6.1" touchscreen and roof rails etc. standard.
I always thought in Canada we had an extra lower model LE as an option, but I guess you are saying we have a level higher LE as an option compared to US.

Except the heated seats of course. That's something us Canadians *need* so it's standard on the XLE and optional on LE with the "upgrade package" as well here.

This is the head unit in our lowest model rav....

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nodnerb, you are right, I have no idea what JuneBug is talking about, maybe he should buy a new RAV4! The LE model here in the States have ALL the options you state as standard except the heated seats.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nodnerb, you are right, I have no idea what JuneBug is talking about, maybe he should buy a new RAV4! The LE model here in the States have ALL the options you state as standard except the heated seats.

Nope. Roof rails and tonneau are LE options.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes those are options, roof rails and tonneau cover but are standard features. Which, as I understand it are automatically included on every LE.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Must depend on region. They were factory options where I got mine.
Back to topic (slightly)...It's funny how some complain the road noise is so loud that they can't hear anything and now we have someone who can actually hear the brakes, the rear brakes at that.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My understanding is that the RAV4 will be built with those two options unless the vehicle is specifically ordered without them by the dealership, for the most part is probably never

·
Registered
529 Posts
My yr13 le came with camera, and I do not hear gas moving around in the tank either! Wow I have not heard that complaint at least from the 80 year models.
I got mud flaps, cargo cover, roof rails, heavy duty floor cargo mat and floor mats thrown in on purchase.

Look they wanted to get rid of my suv. LOl.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Back to topic (slightly)...It's funny how some complain the road noise is so loud that they can't hear anything and now we have someone who can actually hear the brakes, the rear brakes at that.
Since this post has gone completely off topic, I will add this. We have a section of road on my way to work where they have widened the lanes and re-surfaced the road. So as I drive along I have standard road noise until I hit that new stretch of road and then it goes almost dead quiet. So is the noise problem the people are complaining about really the RAV or is it the bad roads?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Its all of it! Bad roads, bad suspension parts, bad engineering, bad tires, bad day all around just bad, and bad people plus we all like to complaint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sloshing noise

I had both of these noise problems with my 2013 LE. The brake noise occasionally still happens when I park overnight and the rotors are wet. Corrosion develops overnight and the brakes sound horrible but the noise stops after the brakes are used. I drove some used Rav that had been sitting outside on a dealers lot for a time and those brake discs had more corrosion, and the sound was much more persistent. My brake noise only happens when the rotors are moist overnight. I solved the fuel sloshing noise problem by adding sound deadener. To do this, remove the spare tire. You will see lots of bare steel which is basically the top of the fuel tank. Apply a few sheets of deadener to the area beneath the spare tire. This stopped the sloshing noise completely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts