Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, first world problem here, does anyone else find it annoying that the 4.2inch display gets digital speedometer with miles to empty but the 7inch display doesn't?

If you have the 7inch display, you get mutually exclusive gauges, digital or analog, I would love to have Analog w/ digital in the middle and just the miles to empty, simple yet useful.

Oh well...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I thought with the bigger screen we could get more information or a better layout on things but instead we get a squished tach, expanded coolant and fuel gauge and pretty much the exact same graphics inside the speedometer as the 4.2 minus the digital speedometer.

Looks ok with the analog but looks very sparse with the large digital speedometer with lots of dead space.

Wish that in analog mode, the digital speedometer could be changed to make the units the same as the analog speedometer instead of opposite. KPH on the big and MPH on the small. Don’t care for the MPH and if did I would make the main that. Ah well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, first world problem here, does anyone else find it annoying that the 4.2inch display gets digital speedometer with miles to empty but the 7inch display doesn't?

If you have the 7inch display, you get mutually exclusive gauges, digital or analog, I would love to have Analog w/ digital in the middle and just the miles to empty, simple yet useful.

Oh well...
Pretty sure it's in the settings. I have the digital (number) speedometer on the adventure and have miles to empty in my dash.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Oh well...
I have the RAV4h Limited with the 7" display, I can easily change from the Analog to digital display and back. Not sure why you can't.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Have had several cars with digital displays, since the mid-80s, and haven't liked them, including the one in my Limited.

This was among the first, a Le Baron GTS Turbo. I remember that the individual fluorescent elements started to die out after a couple of years. It was a hot car with very bad turbo lag and constantly in need of warranty work; my first and last Chrysler.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the RAV4h Limited with the 7" display, I can easily change from the Analog to digital display and back. Not sure why you can't.
He is looking for both, not just one or the other. The middle info display on the 7 doesn’t have a digital speedometer where the 4.2 display does. Toyota assumes you would use the bigger digital speedometer and not the little. See picture on the 4.2 that cannot be replicated on the 7.

F3544BCC-CDC1-4A1F-B85F-7643CAF032DE.png

·
Registered
19 Posts
OP's question was "does anyone else find it annoying that the 4.2inch display gets digital speedometer with miles to empty but the 7inch display doesn't?" That option is there. With the 7 inch screen you can have digital speedometer with miles to empty.

Secondly they state they would love to have Analog with Digital in the middle... but that wasn't the question ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can have an Analog gauge with a small digital display but one will need to be opposite the other. In other words, if the analog in MPH, the small digital would be in KPH and visa versa

·
Registered
341 Posts
OP's question was "does anyone else find it annoying that the 4.2inch display gets digital speedometer with miles to empty but the 7inch display doesn't?" That option is there. With the 7 inch screen you can have digital speedometer with miles to empty.

Secondly they state they would love to have Analog with Digital in the middle... but that wasn't the question ;)
¯\(ツ)/¯ - guess I read it wrong. In either case not a fan of the 7” display and would have chosen the analog dials with 4” display if given a choice. At least give me the speedometer page from the 4”pictured in my previous post.

Display adds nothing except a crappy hard to read speedometer or a huge digital one which I don’t really care for.

There is so much screen real estate, yet can’t even have the odometer and trip shown at the same time which even my old car with a tiny display could do as well as have a digital speed readout and analog gauges.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Oh well...
I have a 2019 LE and if you want to do an even trade, just tell me where to meet you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts