Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today we hit triple digits on our temperature display! I wish I had my camera to take a photo when it read 104 degrees (the campus thermometer read 102...so, the thermometer was pretty close to the air temp). This was at around 3:00 p.m. on my way to work. Should be interesting when summer hits us! It is only April! UGH!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I would rather deal with our rain, than that kind of heat in April! :oops:

·
Registered
656 Posts
They are doing rolling blackouts here in the Houston area. I expect to loose power for 15 minutes at some point today. I'm definitely not looking forward to summer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: I hit triple digits on the RAV temperature display today

RAVishing said:
Well, today we hit triple digits on our temperature display! I wish I had my camera to take a photo when it read 104 degrees (the campus thermometer read 102...so, the thermometer was pretty close to the air temp). This was at around 3:00 p.m. on my way to work. Should be interesting when summer hits us! It is only April! UGH!
Wow, we just got a freak snow storm yesterday... Just when we were starting to enjoy the warm weather...

And just after I WAXED my car!!!! :doh:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay! I just had to do it! I went to pick my daughter up from school, and saw what the temp said on the RAV and had to take a photo! It read 107!!!

After I drove a bit, it went down to 103. Our patio thermometer reads 100 in the shade. So...I think the 103 is pretty accurate in the sun.

I kind of like seeing that temperature on the dash...my dh said he doesn't like seeing it! LOL!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The G Man said:
I heard the heat wave is causing rolling blackouts in Texas due to the high demand in electricity.
Yes!...which stinks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
go 5 hole said:
Only going to be a perfect, clear, sunny 80 in LA today. I sure get tired of our perfect weather! HA!
Yeah, yeah. You know its never really clear because of that Toxic cloud over the city :wink:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
sstarrx3 wrote:
I think I would rather deal with our rain, than that kind of heat in April!
Anything but 2-3 feet of snow in April.... I remember getting that much in April in the past, just after we were teased by some spring weather..... :egad:

OC

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
flyingn said:
so.. How does the ac work in those conditions??
The a/c works great! MUCH better than our old RAV.

I did get pretty poor gas mileage last week (I think I have the worst gas mileage RAV out there). I only got about 18.5 mpg....ALL city! YIKES!! Of course, I don't go more than 300 feet before I have to stop at another red light.

Today we're back to normal temps (right now it is about 72...but, will probably climb into the low 80s)...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats Hot!!

How nice for you to have heat. Here in northern California we finally have our 3rd day of sunshine mid 60's after 6-7 weeks of rain. :x

Yersterday was the 100 year anniversary of the great quake of 1906.
I hope history does not repeat itself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts