Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this kit from warmcarnow on EBay and followed the instructions provided in their video. Not sure it could be any easier. The kit contains a couple of t-harness connectors that eliminate almost all cutting and splicing. If you don’t care about having the parking lights come on then there is absolutely no cutting required. I spent more time zip tying everything out of the way than anything else. Took less than an hour from start to finish. I have a base RAV4 with the G key.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
  1. Looks pretty easy for someone who wanted to do it themselves.
Also looks like you can add 2way remote or App at additional costs.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I bought this kit from warmcarnow on EBay and followed the instructions provided in their video. Not sure it could be any easier. The kit contains a couple of t-harness connectors that eliminate almost all cutting and splicing. If you don’t care about having the parking lights come on then there is absolutely no cutting required. I spent more time zip tying everything out of the way than anything else. Took less than an hour from start to finish. I have a base RAV4 with the G key.

That is good that this kit makes it easy to install. I tried doing mine the normal way but couldn't get mine to work. I ended up getting a shop to install a Compustar for $300 CAD which is a steal in Canada. It is better than using the factory fob as a remote since my remote can transmit over 10x further. Also it comes with two remote.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That is good that this kit makes it easy to install. I tried doing mine the normal way but couldn't get mine to work. I ended up getting a shop to install a Compustar for $300 CAD which is a steal in Canada. It is better than using the factory fob as a remote since my remote can transmit over 10x further. Also it comes with two remote.

I also have a 2way compustar starter. Works great and I like the fact that you can DIY upgrade the remotes to a longer range in the future by just buying the remote kit.

Paid $259 US for mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have similar kit, from that seller, for our 2017 Sequoia. Works great. I did buy the extra 2way remote, also from that seller. Had some issue installing at first but he was pretty helpful. Couple phone call back and forth and got it squared away. Been good for the past year plus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts