Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where did you get your mirror switch from? I can't seem to locate a place on the web where I can order it from.
See Zeniq's post #110. It is where I got the same mirror switch then made the mod to the cover switch to remove the AUTO power folding part from that switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What’s the part number of the CHR master switch part that you swapped in?
The CHR master switch I got was from ebay. As the other posters have mentioned, there seems be many "options" that will work such as the Camry, Prius, Corolla, etc. I chose the CHR as I wanted to keep the silver trim look on the switches and that was what was available on ebay. And I actually like the "A" icon on all four switches. I checked ebay today, but I didn't see any more CHR ones (there was a few when I bought mine).

I did see some Highlander ones, which look pretty much the same as the CHR one that may probably work as well. DISCLAIMER: I only mention this, but take no responsibility. Try it at your own risk.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The CHR master switch I got was from ebay. As the other posters have mentioned, there seems be many "options" that will work such as the Camry, Prius, Corolla, etc. I chose the CHR as I wanted to keep the silver trim look on the switches and that was what was available on ebay. And I actually like the "A" icon on all four switches. I checked ebay today, but I didn't see any more CHR ones (there was a few when I bought mine).
View attachment 149046

I did see some Highlander ones, which look pretty much the same as the CHR one that may probably work as well. DISCLAIMER: I only mention this, but take no responsibility. Try it at your own risk.
View attachment 149047
Thanks - just one more ques. Is your child safety button momentary switch (stays in position but electronically locks it) or does it depress and stays depressed?

·
Registered
162 Posts
The RAV4 stock button for the Child Safety stays light up after pressed to indicate it is ON, although the button does not stay depressed. The button from other models stays depressed to indicate it is ON (the light does not change). So I guess they function the same way (send a pulse or signal to the control unit.) I'll receive mine in a couple of days to test.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
The RAV4 stock button for the Child Safety stays light up after pressed to indicate it is ON, although the button does not stay depressed. The button from other models stays depressed to indicate it is ON (the light does not change). So I guess they function the same way (send a pulse or signal to the control unit.) I'll receive mine in a couple of days to test.
Thanks - just one more ques. Is your child safety button momentary switch (stays in position but electronically locks it) or does it depress and stays depressed?
This depends on which replacement module you get. The one that I swapped from the 2019 Corolla Hatchback is just like RAV4 stock, and has the LED indicator rather than staying down or popping up. I think the Corolla Hatchback module is a near exact stock replacement except it's illuminated - it just costs a lot more.

·
Registered
244 Posts
This depends on which replacement module you get. The one that I swapped from the 2019 Corolla Hatchback is just like RAV4 stock, and has the LED indicator rather than staying down or popping up. I think the Corolla Hatchback module is a near exact stock replacement except it's illuminated - it just costs a lot more.
Thanks. My friend has 2019 RAV4 and he wants me to replace the switch but wants to keep the look as it was originally..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
In case anyone was wondering, I haven't had any luck illuminating the passenger switches. I was working with an electrical engineer friend, but even with his help (and better understanding of LEDs) we couldn't identify what pin combination needs to have power in order to illuminate. While I haven't given up, I'm losing steam on getting it figured out.

My next step is to find someone with a 2019 Corolla Hatchback and ask them to let me check out their passenger wiring harnesses, so I can see what pins are powered with the interior lights and where those pins are in the harness. After I know that, I'll still have to figure out how to modify the RAV4 harness to accomplish illumination.

·
Registered
244 Posts
In case anyone was wondering, I haven't had any luck illuminating the passenger switches. I was working with an electrical engineer friend, but even with his help (and better understanding of LEDs) we couldn't identify what pin combination needs to have power in order to illuminate. While I haven't given up, I'm losing steam on getting it figured out.

My next step is to find someone with a 2019 Corolla Hatchback and ask them to let me check out their passenger wiring harnesses, so I can see what pins are powered with the interior lights and where those pins are in the harness. After I know that, I'll still have to figure out how to modify the RAV4 harness to accomplish illumination.
You wouldn’t be able to find out unless you see the working switch either on Corolla or Prius (and perhaps Camry too). Best bet would be - as I said - if you could rent one on the cheap for a day then you can experiment with it all you want..

·
Registered
73 Posts

Yeah me too i have been trying to make the passenger side window/door lock switches to illuminate by tapping power to and from the switches, no luck, i set it aside for now and work on it later on and focus on other mods.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah me too i have been trying to make the passenger side window/door lock switches to illuminate by tapping power to and from the switches, no luck, i set it aside for now and work on it later on and focus on other mods.
It’s infuriating. I’m desperate to get these switches working - atleast on the front passenger side...

Not sure what can I do though - coz even if I do find a Corolla hatch for rent I wouldn’t know what to do testing-wise (I’m as far removed from engineering etc. as one can be), so I’m hoping someone, perhaps @zeniq :p, can get ahold of one and find out what the deal is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I replaced with 84040-33170, which has the stay pressed child safety button. It functions the same as the stock one (light up but not stay depressed). So either models will work. I do prefer this stay pressed button. Cheers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just read through the whole post and placed an order for the window switches. Thank you!

Update: In case anyone's reading. I ordered 84040-06070 from BAM last night and this morning I got a backorder notification with no ETA. I am trying ToyotaPartsDeal next.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just read through the whole post and placed an order for the window switches. Thank you!

Update: In case anyone's reading. I ordered 84040-06070 from BAM last night and this morning I got a backorder notification with no ETA. I am trying ToyotaPartsDeal next.

Same here, ordered a week ago, and just now shipping today

221 - 240 of 321 Posts