Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good to know. I cancelled my BAM order and placed a new one but in retrospect what I should have done is just waited it out since every supplier likely would have the same stock issue. I paid $4 more for the change.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Are so many people who own 2019/2020 RAV4 reading these posts and ordering the switch that the part went on back order? 😂
Most certainly the case, we are experiencing our own N95 mask shortage.

I am still on the fence with this mod, I get the logic, but a conversation with the hybrid tech at my dealer has me stumped:

"you shouldn't have to fiddle with the switches in the dark anyways if you've adjusted the settings before driving off"

Bob makes a good point I couldn't argue LOL. If I'm the only one in the car, than the only switch that's useful for me is already illuminated, the driver's window switch. 99.9% of the time I won't be putting any other window down, and if I have passengers than I usually don't act the chauffeur and open it for them, they know where the one button is.

Anyways I'm ranting, I do love seeing people DIY this stuff, definitely "looks" more complete in the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think a lot of mods are not "necessary" or "logical". I just know that my wife has been complaining about it because it's sort of jarring to get into a car, especially a new car, and not see it. It's a strange cost cutting move since most people are used to seeing illuminated switches. I am sure people could live without it but why not fix it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Most certainly the case, we are experiencing our own N95 mask shortage.

I am still on the fence with this mod, I get the logic, but a conversation with the hybrid tech at my dealer has me stumped:

"you shouldn't have to fiddle with the switches in the dark anyways if you've adjusted the settings before driving off"

Bob makes a good point I couldn't argue LOL. If I'm the only one in the car, than the only switch that's useful for me is already illuminated, the driver's window switch. 99.9% of the time I won't be putting any other window down, and if I have passengers than I usually don't act the chauffeur and open it for them, they know where the one button is.

Anyways I'm ranting, I do love seeing people DIY this stuff, definitely "looks" more complete in the car.
Well - to that I’d say that except for RAV4, pretty much all of their other vehicles (Camry, Corolla Hatchback, Highlander, Prius) have every possible switch illuminated. Toyota is just cutting corners with RAV4, and the tech person is just making excuses.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It for sure was jarring to me, I mean our ‘06 base level Civic had illuminated switches lol.

Maybe Toyota was trying to achieve a certain zen in the new RAV4 what with all the ‘adventure’ You can achieve “going places”. Or what I’d like to believe is true 🤪

·
Registered
244 Posts
It for sure was jarring to me, I mean our ‘06 base level Civic had illuminated switches lol.

Maybe Toyota was trying to achieve a certain zen in the new RAV4 what with all the ‘adventure’ You can achieve “going places”. Or what I’d like to believe is true 🤪
Lol yeah probably. Something related to their purported demographic being into adventure and all and showing them illuminated switches will diminish their sense of adventure. Lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any chance someone can take pictures or a video of how to take off the assembly to I stall the new buttons? I'm kinda confused on where to pry and not to pry lol. Sorry for the inconvenience! Just don't want to break anything...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Any chance someone can take pictures or a video of how to take off the assembly to I stall the new buttons? I'm kinda confused on where to pry and not to pry lol. Sorry for the inconvenience! Just don't want to break anything...

And here’s a Japanese fellow with a more zen approach, he doesn’t get it fully working which was kinda a small giggle for me - points for trying!

·
Registered
62 Posts
FYI, got a CH-R (2020?) loaner and noticed that the window switches both illuminate and have the silver tips. The mirror adjustment assembly is lit as well but looks and functions differently than ours. I don't have the part number for the window controls but they look much closer to our stock Rav4 switch. Wish I got these instead of the Camry one but I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
FYI, got a CH-R (2020?) loaner and noticed that the window switches both illuminate and have the silver tips. The mirror adjustment assembly is lit as well but looks and functions differently than ours. I don't have the part number for the window controls but they look much closer to our stock Rav4 switch. Wish I got these instead of the Camry one but I'm happy with them.
Post pic of the CHR switch?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Post pic of the CHR switch?
Sure, but it'll be dark by the time I get back to the car so I'm not sure how much detail I can capture. If I had to describe it, it looks exactly like the Camry part you posted in post#11 but with the silver tips (my wife calls it a French manicure) that comes with our Rav4s. In other words, it looks like the OP's 1st pic but with the bigger lit "A" window icons instead of the slits you see in that pic.

The CHR's mirror controls look just like the Camry's as well with the L-|-R knob control (lit) instead of the pad directional type in the Rav4.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just installed this one and it worked.

View attachment 149069
I absolutely suggest everyone ordering this part. Ordered 3 days ago and it's already here and installed. Took 3 mins to install and makes driving at night increasingly more enjoyable. Matches the interior blue to a tee

·
Registered
61 Posts
I absolutely suggest everyone ordering this part. Ordered 3 days ago and it's already here and installed. Took 3 mins to install and makes driving at night increasingly more enjoyable. Matches the interior blue to a tee

Just installed mine last night too!

241 - 260 of 321 Posts