Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

281 - 286 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Isn't 84040-33170 same as 84040-06070 except newer

Same. I ordered 33170, the packing list invoice said it’s 33170 but the part was 06070.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought about this some more after I had posted it last night. One thing that bothered me(still does) is what is that GREEN wire in Pin2 of the wire harness,
The Rav4 detects when windows and roof are open (I don't think so on corolla and CH-R).
May be this green wire is used as signal when windows is closed...

·
Registered
129 Posts
For the wiring of the front passenger window and lock switch to be illuminated, how about tapping into the LED light in the passenger shelf area? I imagine running something off of that and into the door shouldn't be too hard? Idk as I'm not good with wiring but just an idea

·
Registered
225 Posts
For the wiring of the front passenger window and lock switch to be illuminated, how about tapping into the LED light in the passenger shelf area? I imagine running something off of that and into the door shouldn't be too hard? Idk as I'm not good with wiring but just an idea
could be. i m a complete newbie in this - so hoping someone would do the initial wiring stuff and then guide me how they did it. For rear seats, the only thing I could think of was either splice/solder or use a t-tap connector to connect to and tap the original wiring - however I am very hesitant with tampering with OEM wiring - so wondering if someone could provide alternate solutions.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Looks like you guys are running parallel to the same process I've been going through. I didn't have the wiring diagram, but I physically pulled an illuminated switch apart (thanks @ksingh0311 ) and identified the LED pins as well. I was also thinking of pulling the voltage from the rear heated seat buttons using vampire taps, but I hadn't gotten that far as I was waiting for the weather to warm up and I've been busy with other stuff. Additionally, I'm not sure how to go about adding a terminal into the wiring harness; maybe it's not difficult but I don't know.

281 - 286 of 286 Posts