Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wondering if anyone who has ordered this set has received it and, if so, how is the quality of the switches (e.g., resistance, color matching, etc)? Thanks!
I have the passenger window switches from Ali. The ones on Ali have a chrome accent on the edge, where as the original Camry switches have a black edge. Depending on the part you use, I think some of the original Toyota/Lexus switches have a chrome accent. If you buy all of the switches (driver/passenger) from AliExpress, they will all match.

The AliExpress switches don't have any special changes to the internal wiring so the passenger switches won't illuminate unless you add the wiring for it (I haven't done this yet.) The driver's side has the wiring for the lights from the factory.

With regards to the switch feel or quality, I didn't notice any difference. If you're really picky, you can always buy the parts from Toyota directly, but its definitely more expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have the passenger window switches from Ali. The ones on Ali have a chrome accent on the edge, where as the original Camry switches have a black edge. Depending on the part you use, I think some of the original Toyota/Lexus switches have a chrome accent. If you buy all of the switches (driver/passenger) from AliExpress, they will all match.

The AliExpress switches don't have any special changes to the internal wiring so the passenger switches won't illuminate unless you add the wiring for it (I haven't done this yet.) The driver's side has the wiring for the lights from the factory.

With regards to the switch feel or quality, I didn't notice any difference. If you're really picky, you can always buy the parts from Toyota directly, but its definitely more expensive.

Hey! you mean to say that that in order for aliexpress passenger switches to work, you still need to add wiring?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey! you mean to say that that in order for aliexpress passenger switches to work, you still need to add wiring?
That's correct, my passenger switches didn't seem to illuminate. l had thought by their description that the wiring was internally bridged, but does not appear to be the case.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's correct, my passenger switches didn't seem to illuminate. l had thought by their description that the wiring was internally bridged, but does not appear to be the case.

I thought their switches are internally tapped, and I specifically asked the person and this is what he told me:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The switches themselves have lights, the question is whether it works in USA (or wherever you are) wired vehicles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The switches themselves have lights, the question is whether it works in USA (or wherever you are) wired vehicles.

Right, good observation. I'm not sure how many ways there are to ask that question; but, encourage you to followup with them and possibly get something more definitive. To review, this was how I asked:

"My car is a 2019 RAV4 Adventure. Please confirm that these switches, both the main master switch and the single switches will be backlit when installed, without further modification to the switches. Thank you."

"An early report from another buyer is that the single passenger switches ARE NOT backlit when installed."

And their response:

"hi, my friend, rest assured, all our products have lights"

·
Registered
28 Posts

I'm just curious. For the passenger switches, did you try them with the Ignition On? I'm asking as when I read their (Homie) description on the website it says they will illuminate when the "ignition is on". Which I would guess is because the switches (passenger switches at least) are internally tapping power from the window motor wire which only have power when in Ignition On state.

*This is just my guess as I didn't get my switches from Homie and had to do some wire tapping myself to get all my switches illuminating.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I double checked just now (it's at night) and yes started the vehicle. The buttons do not illuminate. They are functional and can raise and lower the window, they just don't have power.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I double checked just now (it's at night) and yes started the vehicle. The buttons do not illuminate. They are functional and can raise and lower the window, they just don't have power.

I guess you’re just gonna have to externally tap into the power.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm just curious. For the passenger switches, did you try them with the Ignition On? I'm asking as when I read their (Homie) description on the website it says they will illuminate when the "ignition is on". Which I would guess is because the switches (passenger switches at least) are internally tapping power from the window motor wire which only have power when in Ignition On state.

*This is just my guess as I didn't get my switches from Homie and had to do some wire tapping myself to get all my switches illuminating.

View attachment 150855
Hey, @wliu what did you use to tap/splice into harness? I’m looking on amazon and there a gazillion options apparently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The mechanic told me that it was only necessary to connect 2 and 7.AliExpress products are already connected internally.This product comes from original camry parts

·
Registered
121 Posts
the other guy in the thread had to connect the ground as well. connecting only the positive was not sufficient.

·
Registered
121 Posts
for reference the original post was from wliu, post #315 in this thread. a single connection is insufficient.

341 - 360 of 373 Posts