Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

401 - 420 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wasn’t able to find this but has anyone replaced the other window switches with ones that have a backlight? Ordered the driver side master switch and a set of 3 switches for the other doors from Homie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The driver side is a piece of cake to replace and illuminate. The other 3 will work flawless... exept they will not illuminate if replaced plug-and-play. They need a extra wire to be put in place which give the signal to set the backlight in the switch on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The driver side is a piece of cake to replace and illuminate. The other 3 will work flawless... exept they will not illuminate if replaced plug-and-play. They need a extra wire to be put in place which give the signal to set the backlight in the switch on.
Thanks. Did not know that some rewiring would need to be done for the other 3 switches. I assumed it would use the power from the button to light up.

Going to try and cancel the order and get just the driver side master switch instead.

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
109 Posts
Do you know where the extra wire needs to be placed for the 3 other switches? If anyone's done this, I'd love to hear more about the process and install.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Limited
48 Posts
Do you know where the extra wire needs to be placed for the 3 other switches? If anyone's done this, I'd love to hear more about the process and install.
I believe if you go back some pages, someone did it. He had detail instructions on how to make them work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Since the vendor seems to think no further modifications are required to get them to work, I wonder if they will bridge that ground pin in the future. I sure hope they will.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I asked the vendor if the other 3 buttons would light up without any kind of wiring to be done. They said it’s plug and play and would work. I wasn’t sure and changed my order from a complete set of switches to just the driver master switch. Didn’t want the hassle of shipping back if it wasn’t true.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I asked the vendor if the other 3 buttons would light up without any kind of wiring to be done. They said it’s plug and play and would work. I wasn’t sure and changed my order from a complete set of switches to just the driver master switch. Didn’t want the hassle of shipping back if it wasn’t true.

If you use stock Toyota switch, you need to tap into ground and power pins both. If you order from Aliexpress, they have internally tapped the power pin, but ground pin still needs to be tapped.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you use stock Toyota switch, you need to tap into ground and power pins both. If you order from Aliexpress, they have internally tapped the power pin, but ground pin still needs to be tapped.
It was from AliExpress and they said it was plug and pay for the other 3 switches. I had doubts and changed my order to just the driver master switch.

How difficult is it to tap the ground pin?

·
Registered
273 Posts
It was from AliExpress and they said it was plug and pay for the other 3 switches. I had doubts and changed my order to just the driver master switch.

How difficult is it to tap the ground pin?

Look for posts by @wliu here. Detailed instructions there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What's the magic of AliExpress for actually placing your order? I signed up and verified my address. Then it insisted for the safety of my account to sign in using another device. Upon signing in on another device, I was told there was a security issue and I had to confirm my cell phone number. Then it sent a code that I entered. Next I had to enter my vehicle information and address. Finally, I clicked "Add to cart" and got a pop up, "please provide the missing information first", yet it's not showing me that anything is missing. I've even tried Firefox and Edge Chromium with the same message.

It's weird to me that ordering online should be so difficult!

·
Registered
239 Posts
What's the magic of AliExpress for actually placing your order? I signed up and verified my address. Then it insisted for the safety of my account to sign in using another device. Upon signing in on another device, I was told there was a security issue and I had to confirm my cell phone number. Then it sent a code that I entered. Next I had to enter my vehicle information and address. Finally, I clicked "Add to cart" and got a pop up, "please provide the missing information first", yet it's not showing me that anything is missing. I've even tried Firefox and Edge Chromium with the same message.

It's weird to me that ordering online should be so difficult!
So I had to click the little pictures and choose from 3 variants. I feel a bit stupid, but they could have highlighted what was missing.

In any event, the site rejected my credit card and then wanted a photo of my drivers licence or passport.

Seems they don't want my business.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
So I had to click the little pictures and choose from 3 variants. I feel a bit stupid, but they could have highlighted what was missing.

In any event, the site rejected my credit card and then wanted a photo of my drivers licence or passport.

Odd that you had such trouble - I just ordered a set of the sequential mirror turn signals from aliexpress and didn't have to do any of what you did. Sounds like they are using a validation database that isn't quite matching up with what you are giving them or something.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Odd that you had such trouble - I just ordered a set of the sequential mirror turn signals from aliexpress and didn't have to do any of what you did. Sounds like they are using a validation database that isn't quite matching up with what you are giving them or something.
I had a hard time believing they're asking everyone to upload pictures of documents just to place an order. Weird is all I can say.

·
Registered
116 Posts

I had a problem with one card but it accepted a different card fine. It never asked me for a photo of my license or passport. That’s a bit weird.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a problem with one card but it accepted a different card fine. It never asked me for a photo of my license or passport. That’s a bit weird.

And my driver side master switch just arrived today too. Probably going to install it in the wife’s RAV4 this weekend. Now just waiting for the mirror turn signals to arrive.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Well, I broke down and uploaded a redacted driver's license and a picture of the credit card. The next day I was deemed worthy to order. You know, if I didn't really hate the lack of backlit buttons, I wouldn't have subjected myself to their odd requirements. I sure hope it's worth the effort.

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
109 Posts
Well, I broke down and uploaded a redacted driver's license and a picture of the credit card. The next day I was deemed worthy to order. You know, if I didn't really hate the lack of backlit buttons, I wouldn't have subjected myself to their odd requirements. I sure hope it's worth the effort.
I think you'll be very happy once installed. Let us know how it goes once you've installed them.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited Silver over Black
32 Posts
So...bit confused here, before I pull the trigger. Has anyone here installed the passenger switches from Homie on AliExpress and NOT have to rewire them??

·
Registered
2020 XLE Premium
21 Posts
Here is a part number you can buy from Toyota for around $40.00 - $50.00

84040-06070
Master Switch, Multiplex Network. Fits C-HR, Camry

And a video of it being installed:

401 - 420 of 468 Posts