Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

441 - 460 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
They are a custom aftermarket product, not OEM, so there is no associated Toyota part number.
I realized they were not OEM but thought there would be a part number from the source in order to purchase the correct one. Thanks thou I saw the link looking closer to the post. Doesn't seem bad price considering you get three switches. I don't like the chrome trim but could live with it. I suppose the wire harness would work with other lighted Toyota switches.

·
Registered
'19 Rav4 XLE Hybrid--Magnetic Gray Metallic
109 Posts
Bottom Line: Has anyone installed these aftermarket window switches for the non-driver doors, and if so, can someone confirm they light up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
How much was the switch???
Installed the lighted driver for window switch yesterday. Took about 5 mins and really easy to do. The only tools you need are a Philips screwdriver and a spudger.

Was bought from AliExpress and the seller was Homie. I went for the simple switches with a slit for the backlight instead on window icons on all the switches. The backlight matches the backlight on the other switches in the RAV4, ice blue they call it.

All in all very happy with the look at night and it looks OEM. Toyota should have made this standard.

Bought from here:
US $56.1 49% OFF|Backlight Lighted LED Power Single Window Switch Set for Toyota RAV4 RAV 4 2019 2020 Left Driving With High Quality|Car Switches & Relays| - AliExpress

OEM Switch

Use a spudger here to pry the trim up.

OEM on left and AliExpress on right

New switch installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
These items are showing up on AliExpress (clone parts). Can’t speak to the quality, but that is probably the source of some of the cheaper versions online.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For those who ordered from AliExpress, did they deliver to your door? I just got an email with a tracking number that says "it's at your local post office. Come get it!" What? I live in a small city in a neighborhood where the houses are so close the letter carrier walks door to door. And AliExpress tells me to "come get it"? Well, I went to my closest post office, which is the city's "main" one. They had no package. They said they don't even know what company's tracking number I was given!

I have 4 or 5 post offices within a 5 mile radius. I guess I'm supposed to just go to each one and ask? I really don't know how this company does business in the US.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For those who ordered from AliExpress, did they deliver to your door? I just got an email with a tracking number that says "it's at your local post office. Come get it!" What? I live in a small city in a neighborhood where the houses are so close the letter carrier walks door to door. And AliExpress tells me to "come get it"? Well, I went to my closest post office, which is the city's "main" one. They had no package. They said they don't even know what company's tracking number I was given!

I have 4 or 5 post offices within a 5 mile radius. I guess I'm supposed to just go to each one and ask? I really don't know how this company does business in the US.
It just means they’ve given it to your postal carrier. Now you’ll see it in a month or so.
Try entering their tracking number into USPS or Canada Post etc whomever your national carrier is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #450

I didn’t get an email saying that, but I did see a similar note when the package was handed off from the international courier to USPS. Once the postal service had it, my package was in my mailbox within a few days, I did not have to pick it up.

·
Registered
239 Posts
None of the tracking numbers worked at usps.gov, so I'll stop looking. I'll go back to "it will eventually arrive" mode. I was fine in the mode had they not sent the "come get it" email.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #452 (Edited)
None of the tracking numbers worked at usps.gov, so I'll stop looking. I'll go back to "it will eventually arrive" mode. I was fine in the mode had they not sent the "come get it" email.
I had good luck with this site: packages24.com

·
Registered
239 Posts
My AliExpress shipment turned up Sunday morning, just a month after I ordered it. Then I found I don't have any spudgers, so I ordered a kit that came today. But the tools were much bigger than I realized. Anyway, I managed to get one of the tools to work to remove the panel. A smaller tool would have been much faster, I'm sure.

The hardest part was removing the wiring connector, which cost me a few minutes. Total job time was about 10 minutes. Really, I'm 100% satisfied in all aspects--it looks and works like the original part. And the backlight color completely matches the existing. This part is a total winner!

Only afterward did I consider I should have photographed the numbers on the bottom of the switch to compare with the numbers on the OEM part. But lacking the small spudger I'm going to leave well enough alone.

For those of you not the DIY types, I'm not either, but I heartily recommend this upgrade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed the lighted driver for window switch yesterday. Took about 5 mins and really easy to do. The only tools you need are a Philips screwdriver and a spudger.

Was bought from AliExpress and the seller was Homie. I went for the simple switches with a slit for the backlight instead on window icons on all the switches. The backlight matches the backlight on the other switches in the RAV4, ice blue they call it.

All in all very happy with the look at night and it looks OEM. Toyota should have made this standard.

Bought from here:
US $56.1 49% OFF|Backlight Lighted LED Power Single Window Switch Set for Toyota RAV4 RAV 4 2019 2020 Left Driving With High Quality|Car Switches & Relays| - AliExpress

OEM Switch

Use a spudger here to pry the trim up.

OEM on left and AliExpress on right

New switch installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the new switches make all the windows auto up and down

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here are the pins/wiring i used for front passenger power window/door lock connector slot #1 & #3. Got it from my old Defi Racer gauge power wire, de-pin then insert to the pw connector, snug fit. Sorry for the slight blurry pics

·
Registered
82 Posts
Completed my RAV's Rear power window switch illumination and now all my window switches illumination are all done and very much happy with the result! Thanks to this very helpful thread/contributors!

Rear Left Door/Window:

Rear Right Door/Window:

How I wired the connector/add pins:

Add pins/wires on slot #1/#3

Thanks for looking!

441 - 460 of 468 Posts