Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

481 - 500 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Came across this link for a COMPLETE SET OF BACKLIT WINDOW SWITCHES (DRIVER MASTER SWITCH AND PASSENGER SWITCHES/2019-2020 RAV4) on AliExpress. I haven't ordered this yet; but would welcome others' thoughts.
To follow-up on my previous post, I'm still waiting for the Driver's Side Master Switch; but, did receive and install the single passenger switches. As others have noted, the plug and play installation takes about 5 minutes and operates like the stock switch in my 2019 RAV4 Adventure. Before purchasing, I questioned Homie staff about the quality of these switches and was advised that they are OEM parts for Toyota China. Based on the feel and function, I would say that they are an improvement over the stock switches in my RAV. The attached pictures show the original switch alongside the Homie Auto switch. In reading the customer reviews in the ad on AliExpress, I noted that a couple of the buyers attached pictures of the switches that they had received and these sets included adapters for the single switches. The switches that I received did not have and didn't need the adapters that were shown in those pictures. They were simply plug and play. IMO, this was a simple, inexpensive and elegant upgrade for my RAV4 Adventure. Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread!
Homie Auto Single Illuminated Window Switch 1.jpg
Homie Auto Single Illuminated Window Switch 2.jpg
Homie Auto Single Illuminated Window Switch 3.jpg
Homie Auto Single Illuminated Window Switch 4.jpg
Homie Auto Single Illuminated Window Switch 5.jpg
Homie Auto Single Illuminated Window Switch 6.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
To follow-up on my previous post, I'm still waiting for the Driver's Side Master Switch; but, did receive and install the single passenger switches. As others have noted, the plug and play installation takes about 5 minutes and operates like the stock switch in my 2019 RAV4 Adventure. Before purchasing, I questioned Homie staff about the quality of these switches and was advised that they are OEM parts for Toyota China. Based on the feel and function, I would say that they're, at least, comparable to the switches in my RAV. The attached pictures show the original switch alongside the Homie Auto switch. In reading the customer reviews in the ad on AliExpress, I noted that a couple of the buyers included pictures of the switches that they received and these sets included adapters for the single switches. The switches that I received did not have and didn't need the adapters that were shown in those pictures. They were simply plug and play. View attachment 154725 View attachment 154726 View attachment 154727 View attachment 154728 View attachment 154729 View attachment 154730
Are they lit all the time or only when the headlights are on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interested in replacing the other window switches
Look at Homie and found a set of three switches which are lit
Do you know if they would also be auto up and down
The linked set from Homie Auto has all of the function of my Adventure's stock switches, in addition to being backlit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone know if you can replace the door lock switches with lit ones
Yes, you can replace them too, you have to modify/wire it up too like what I did on mine. I have an extra door lock switch. PM me your info. This is my door lock switch lit:

For comparison, door lock/unlock switch stock '19 RAV4 on the left, '18/'19 Camry/Prius on the right:

·
Registered
45 Posts
To follow-up on my previous post, I'm still waiting for the Driver's Side Master Switch; but, did receive and install the single passenger switches. As others have noted, the plug and play installation takes about 5 minutes and operates like the stock switch in my 2019 RAV4 Adventure. Before purchasing, I questioned Homie staff about the quality of these switches and was advised that they are OEM parts for Toyota China. Based on the feel and function, I would say that they are an improvement over the stock switches in my RAV. The attached pictures show the original switch alongside the Homie Auto switch. In reading the customer reviews in the ad on AliExpress, I noted that a couple of the buyers attached pictures of the switches that they had received and these sets included adapters for the single switches. The switches that I received did not have and didn't need the adapters that were shown in those pictures. They were simply plug and play. IMO, this was a simple, inexpensive and elegant upgrade for my RAV4 Adventure. Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread! View attachment 154725 View attachment 154726 View attachment 154727 View attachment 154728 View attachment 154729 View attachment 154730
I received the illuminated main driver master switch from Homie Autoparts (which completes the set) and wanted to let others know that it, like the passenger door switches, was a simple plug and play installation (about 5 minutes). Homie Autoparts staff were extremely helpful and provided frequent updates about the order, also responding to emails in a timely manner. Although the order took a little longer than ordering domestically (about 2 weeks), I feel that the switches have a more premium feel than the stock switches and appear to be OEM Toyota components (note that the master switch was received with a piece of electrician's tape covering the bottom Toyota labeling, as others have noted and as shown in the attached picture). I consider this switch set to be a significant upgrade to my 2019 Adventure's interior. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and for your help with this inexpensive mod/upgrade.
Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - 1.jpg
Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - 2.jpg
Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - 3.jpg
Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - 4.jpg
Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - 5.jpg

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice, thanks for the heads-up! I've ordered the exact same set from Homie, and i'll get it by tomorrow afternoon. Well within 2 weeks. I'm very curious how it will look in the dark...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice, thanks for the heads-up! I've ordered the exact same set from Homie, and i'll get it by tomorrow afternoon. Well within 2 weeks. I'm very curious how it will look in the dark...
I've posted some night pictures, above, of the passenger door switches and will post some this evening of the master switch. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Still waiting for them to come out with a set of switches without the “A”.

·
Registered
2020 XLE Hybrid
18 Posts
Still waiting for them to come out with a set of switches without the “A”.

I believe those are available on the Ali website. You can get them with the A or with a horizontal bar "-"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are some pictures of the the AliExpress/Homie Autoparts 2019/2020 RAV4 "Main Switch A", as it's listed in their ad. The switch is illuminated in "ice" blue (as are the passenger window switches in the set), perfectly matching the backlighting of the other switches in my 2019 Adventure.

Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - Homie Illuminated 1.jpg

Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - Homie and Stock 1.jpg

Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - Homie 1.jpg
Main Master Switch - Drivers Door - Homie night 1.jpg

481 - 500 of 517 Posts