Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

641 - 660 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
405 Posts
So I’m trying to digest all these posts, to summarize it looks like Toyota part number 84040-06070 is a OEM Camry part that is plug and play for our RAV4s. If I understand that right, that’s what I’d like to go with.

Also, can somebody point me to a video or post that shows the install?

Thanks much.
You can also look for part 84040-33170
Which fits 2019 ch-r. It is the same part just older part number.

As for video, just Google " replace [year] rav4 master switch"

There is a bunch of them.
The only thing important is that you start prying the pannel from the near edge, one on the left when facing the door from inside. That is where the snap hooks are. The edge closer to mirror control switch has a J hook and will break if you start there. !! This is for Master switch only !! I would guess it the same for passenger sides too but check for that separately.

Here one for Master

And here for both sides:

However, if I understand correctly , while the driver side Master switch if a direct swap, for passenger doors you need some kind of adaptor to add power to lights.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
139 Posts
So both the Camry and CH-R parts are easy 1:1 swaps? And they are essentially the same part?

·
Registered
405 Posts
So both the Camry and CH-R parts are easy 1:1 swaps? And they are essentially the same part?
That is what it seams to be.
I ordered one for. Ch-r which was 33170.
When I Googled , found that this number was deprecated and 06 one was the new one. But it is the same part. Still trying to find part numbers for the passenger sides, even though I am not sure if I will swap them. Especially if I have to splice and adaptor. If you get the kit from cartmobil or Alli. The adapter harness is included, but eBay is not that friendly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome. Ordered the Camry part; another peeve about the car about to be eliminated !

·
Registered
456 Posts
You can do the illuminated door bowls at the same time since you will have the master panel out.

All plug and play and will take you no longer than 5 minutes to do both.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
You can do the illuminated door bowls at the same time since you will have the master panel out.

All plug and play and will take you no longer than 5 minutes to do both.
I see that the window lock button on the illuminated switches has an orange or red line on the edge of the button. The OEM has a green LED indicating if the windows are locked. Has the orange line replaced the green LED?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I see that the window lock button on the illuminated switches has an orange or red line on the edge of the button. The OEM has a green LED indicating if the windows are locked. Has the orange line replaced the green LED?
Huh......Never noticed any colors. Just backlit.

I’ll look for it nx time I’m out at night

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
The green arrow is where the LED is located on the OEM:

The backlit one seems to only have an orange bar:

·
Registered
405 Posts
On my 2020 xle hybrid, oem had an orange led , not green. My new lighted one has the red stripe.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
On my 2020 xle hybrid, oem had an orange led , not green. My new lighted one has the red stripe.
Hmm, I just checked my 2019 gas Limited and the LED is in fact green. It's odd the small changes they made from 2019 to 2020 unless it's Limited related. Mine OEM window levers have a chrome edge as well, does the OEM XLE have the chrome edge?

Also, is the new red strip lit so you can see it at night?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Just an observation. I was driving my dad's 1999 4Runner Limited last night, headlights one and I look down to the window controls. Much to my surprise, the only button illuminated was the word Auto on the drivers side window button. I was amazed that his Limited was basically the same as my 2019 Limited RAV4. I even had to turn on the overhead light to see how to lock all the doors. Then I looked over at the passenger side window control, and it too had the word Auto lit. I was jealous :mad: At this point, I didn't even want to at the rear door window controls. Not to mention, the 4Runner has a roll down hatch window. It was too much. I had to get home and park it right away. To hell with trying to figure out if the check engine light was going to come on again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone have a part number for a lighted one with the little chrome tips to match what's stock on the Limited? Thank you :)

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Adventure - Lunar Rock/Ice Edge
71 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
These kits from Ali aren’t OEM right? I put the OEM Camry switches on the driver side and I’m quite pleased w/ them. The blue matches the ambient lighting in the car nicely. If the Camry has OEM that fit on the passenger side or the rear doors I’d buy them too.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Adventure - Lunar Rock/Ice Edge
71 Posts
I ordered the entire set, including the illuminated mirror module and the lighting in each is a perfect match for my 2019 Adventure. I ordered mine from Homie Auto Parts' Aliexpress store and was assured that the parts are OEM Toyota China parts. I like the feel of the door lock/window switches better than my Adventure's OEM switches that they replaced and the mirror switch, as noted by the listed part number, was designed for the Toyota Crown and Lexus (and is plug and play for the 2019/20 RAV4). This was covered extensively in earlier posts in this thread.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They are all backlit - and also as far as your speculation whether Camry buttons are backlit or not - yes they are also backlit.
Starting to feel like Toyota really cheaped out wherever they could with the Gen5 RAV4. Gen 4 2018 LEs got aluminum wheels, and it seems like even Toyota's cheapest cars got lighted switches. Wouldn't going to the trouble of making two different switch assemblies cost more anyway?

641 - 660 of 698 Posts