Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

661 - 680 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Adventure - Lunar Rock/Ice Edge
71 Posts
Anyone have a part number for a lighted one with the little chrome tips to match what's stock on the Limited? Thank you :)
Looks like this AliExpress store has the illuminated switches, without the "A", back in stock (both the Master Switch and the 3 piece Single Switch Passenger Door Sets are currently available):

Aliexpress Master Switch B at Jasaon Car Parts Store.jpg
Aliexpress Single Switch B x 3 at Jasaon Car Parts Store.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Starting to feel like Toyota really cheaped out wherever they could with the Gen5 RAV4. Gen 4 2018 LEs got aluminum wheels, and it seems like even Toyota's cheapest cars got lighted switches. Wouldn't going to the trouble of making two different switch assemblies cost more anyway?
I think to some extent this has to do with making RAV4 appear more rugged looking, as if they are appealing to a certain demographic who likes this sort of a thing as unlit switches.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid XLE, Magnetic Grey metallic, cold weather package.
405 Posts
Since when the unlit switches is associated with ruggedness?
Not arguing but curious.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got the driver master switch without the A. Just need the other 3 window switches without the A. They sell out really fast and now just waiting for them to be available again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here you go, in case you're still looking:

Aliexpress Single Switch B x 3 at Jasaon Car Parts Store.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
Reactions: Romerohiker

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks a bunch. I've been checking every few weeks but the "type B" switches were never available. Ordered.
Glad that they finally became available. Thanks for starting this thread and for your contributions in these simple and affordable mods!

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
346 Posts
Looks like this AliExpress store has the illuminated switches, without the "A", back in stock (both the Master Switch and the 3 piece Single Switch Passenger Door Sets are currently available):

View attachment 160560 View attachment 160561
I prefer this look to the ones with the "A" on them. This is one of those mods I've been on the fence about. I come from a 2001 Rav4 where nothing was lit up. I'm accustomed to "feeling" the buttons vs. looking for them in the dark.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
139 Posts
I wasn’t that picky about the ’A’. I was just happy they fit like a glove and lit up.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD Off Road
124 Posts
I prefer this look to the ones with the "A" on them. This is one of those mods I've been on the fence about. I come from a 2001 Rav4 where nothing was lit up. I'm accustomed to "feeling" the buttons vs. looking for them in the dark.
I installed the CTHome illuminated buttons (with the "A") and the door handle lights this morning. I also installed an illuminated mirror control from jpcustomparts.com to complete the upgrade. I wanted the controls to be illuminated and had no strong feelings either way if there was just a light bar, or an "A". It is nice that both options are available now for those who have a preference.

I must say this is one of the easiest and least stressful modifications where you are required to remove an interior panel. If you follow the installation video instructions it is extremely straight forward. Much less stressful than replacing the map light bulbs with LED's.... :) Well worth the time and investment.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Hybrid XLE (Audio Plus)
11 Posts
Is the illuminated mirror control still available anywhere? I cannot seem to find it either on jp-customparts.com or even Ali Express. This seems to have dissapeared from AliExpress some 1 week ago, when at lest 5 different sellers had it available for anything between $40 and $52.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is the illuminated mirror control still available anywhere? I cannot seem to find it either on jp-customparts.com or even Ali Express. This seems to have dissapeared from AliExpress some 1 week ago, when at lest 5 different sellers had it available for anything between $40 and $52.
Still available at AliExpress (much more expensive, though). Here you go:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, but that price is insane (probably even higher than what Toyota would charge for it, if an OEM part :) ). It seems like the search on AliExpress works much more differently that the one I'm used to with Google, for example. Items are not always showing up when searching by their description, except the items are promoted on the site

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks, but that price is insane (probably even higher than what Toyota would charge for it, if an OEM part :) ). It seems like the search on AliExpress works much more differently that the one I'm used to with Google, for example. Items are not always showing up when searching by their description, except the items are promoted on the site
Agreed, that price is ridiculous; but, it's been my experience that pricing and availability on AliExpress is very random and it pays to check back regularly. I've had the best luck finding items by just linking to various AliExpress stores and (seemingly unrelated) items; then checking the ads that are placed at the bottom of the page. It's hit and miss; but that's how I stumbled upon the illuminated mirror control at $39. Good luck and if a better price pops up, I'd jump on it (as you've discovered, pricing and availability is, um, "fluid"). BTW, I was advised that the switches that I purchased from Homie Auto Parts/AliExpress are Toyota China OEM parts and they function as well or better than the OEM switches in my 2019 Adventure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yup, will be keeping an eye on this item, as there 6 different stores selling this switch on 30th December, with prices ranging from $39 to $62, then on 31st Dec, only Homie Auto got it listed for $52 (which they actually don't have it). The reason for me looking for this switch is not necessarily due to its illuminated buttons, but hopefully I will be able to control the motorized mirrors mechanism I bought, while alos being able to make the courtesy door handle LED light panel work without any modifications (currently needed as those LED illumnated panels are intended for teh European RAV4 wiring harness).
BTW, Homie Auto Parts has some nice stuff, but it's almost priced higher than other stores on AliExpress.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
Yup, will be keeping an eye on this item, as there 6 different stores selling this switch on 30th December, with prices ranging from $39 to $62, then on 31st Dec, only Homie Auto got it listed for $52 (which they actually don't have it). The reason for me looking for this switch is not necessarily due to its illuminated buttons, but hopefully I will be able to control the motorized mirrors mechanism I bought, while alos being able to make the courtesy door handle LED light panel work without any modifications (currently needed as those LED illumnated panels are intended for teh European RAV4 wiring harness).
BTW, Homie Auto Parts has some nice stuff, but it's almost priced higher than other stores on AliExpress.
Woah, way to bury the lede! What’s this about a motorized mechanism? Are you making your mirrors power folding?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Woah, way to bury the lede! What’s this about a motorized mechanism? Are you making your mirrors power folding?
Yes, indeed :) You can find one of the (many) install videos of it here. I bought the motorized mirror mechanism from the Homie Parts Autostore referenced above, for $165 (shipping + tax included) but now it looks that they are out of stock.

The YouTube video above references CarTrim home, which is a very reliable store, but they sell this mechanism for $200

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #678
Has anyone else had issues with their AliExpress illuminated switches?

I bought the "type B" illuminated switches from AliExpress. I was surprised to see that they seem to be used OEM Toyota switches rather than a new aftermarket unit. The ones I got are all scratched up, and one of the three does not work - it lights up but won't operate the window. I've asked the seller for a replacement for the one that isn't working so I hope I get a response. I guess for $50 it's not the end of the world, but I'm a little disappointed in what I got.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered the complete set "A" (main master switch and 3 passenger door switches) and initially the seller (Homie Auto) shipped only the 3 passenger door switches, one of which was a type "B" switch (without the A). I contacted the seller and they immediately shipped the main master switch and replacement passenger switch, which I received within a week. They were very apologetic and quick to correct their error. I would suggest that you send them pictures of your switches, describe your concerns and hopefully, they'll address the issues quickly and to your satisfaction. So far, I've been very pleased with their service and the switches that I received were new/OEM and function very well.

·
Registered
855 Posts
No problem at all. Master with 3 slave switches type B ordered and received. Brand new original (OEM) Toyota switches (brand label was taped off). The additionally ordered illuminated mirror switch was also brand new. Very satisfactory.

661 - 680 of 698 Posts