Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

681 - 698 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Hybrid XLE (Audio Plus)
11 Posts
I received my master switch and 3 passenger door switches yesterday and installed them today. The 3 switches illuminate nevertheless the headlights (low beam or) DRL's being on, but the master switch doesn't illuminate except when the DRL or headlights are on...

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD Off Road
124 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy the illuminated front passenger door lock switch?
I found the part number below on post #561 of this very long discussion. I had completed the installation of door handle LED, illuminated window and mirror switches and realized the passenger lock/unlock switch needed changing too. I thought I remembered some discussion about it in this thread and finally located it. The link in the post no longer works, but the part number is good.

I checked pricing with my local dealer and BAM. At $65.00 on BAM I'm going to continue to search in hopes of finding a less expensive one. If not I'll purchase from BAM so this switch illumination project can finally be completed. (until someone makes them for the upper console buttons). I'm surprised CTHome or Aliexpress do not have this part available yet since they sell all the other components.

Some wiring modifications are apparently required to make the OEM Toyota switch illuminate and those are described in earlier posts on this discussion.

Toyota Switch 84930-0E160 | BAM Wholesale Parts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Passengers illuminated door lock switches are sold as 3 pieces - plenty of shops have all 3 of them on AliExpress, they don't sell this by individual units. The cost should be roughly $50 for all of them, so even cheaper that 1 piece sold by dealers :) I bought mine from this store (very good communication with the seller), but there are dozens are stores that sell these

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 TRD Off Road
124 Posts
Passengers illuminated door lock switches are sold as 3 pieces - plenty of shops have all 3 of them on AliExpress, they don't sell this by individual units. The cost should be roughly $50 for all of them, so even cheaper that 1 piece sold by dealers :) I bought mine from this store (very good communication with the seller), but there are dozens are stores that sell these
tonyreo was asking about the passenger door lock switches, not the window controls, which is where the link you provided goes.

You are correct that many vendors have the illuminated window controls, which do the drivers side door lock/unlock button. I have not found an aftermarket vendor for the front passenger side door lock switch, only OEM from Toyota or BAM that go on other models, but can be modified to work on the RAV4.

If there is an aftermarket model available that is less expensive or has a wiring connector that doesn't require modification, I would appreciate a link.

Toyota Switch 84930-0E160 | BAM Wholesale Parts

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry, my bad! Was set window controls, instead of door ones. There aren't (apparently) any illuminated door controls available on AliExpress - for me that is not a big deal, as long as all other controls are illuminated, but it would have been nice to have those ones available, too.
Couldn't help but notice the outrageous $92 MSRP price that Toyota is asking for this switch :)

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got mine from a camry passenger side window switch with door lock switch included:

Does the passenger side door lock from the Camry illuminate when you plug it into the rav4 without any modifications? Or did you have to make some modifications to make it work? There is not much information about the door lock and unlock buttons.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does the passenger side door lock from the Camry illuminate when you plug it into the rav4 without any modifications? Or did you have to make some modifications to make it work? There is not much information about the door lock and unlock buttons.
The Camry Passenger Door lock switch and window switches needs to be modified/tap wires in order for it to illuminate on the 2019+ RAV4. This is what i used and did some wiring mod to illuminate:

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Camry Passenger Door lock switch and window switches needs to be modified/tap wires in order for it to illuminate on the 2019+ RAV4. This is what i used and did some wiring mod to illuminate:

so can you please share how you did the mod to get it to light up? thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
The window plug pin-out guide i used for this mod is on this thread page 14 post #268.

Here is the link: I swapped my driver door buttons with backlit ones

Window switch plug front passenger:

Added pin and wire on plug slot#1 & #3, you will tap pin#1 to pin#7 (-) and pin#2 to pin#3(+). You can use T-taps to get connections.

For the power door lock switch, same mod add wire to missing slot pin#1(-) and pin#3 (+), just extend the wires to the window switch and tap to corresponding pin#1 and pin#3.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks, Where do find the pins for the Connector?
I got my wires/pins from my old car projects (Defi gauges harness), i am sure you can find some from your local electronics shop.

De-pinned them:

·
Registered
10 Posts
First thanks for everyone for taking the time to post you findings, finding time to post here is the most difficult thing to do for me.

I thought I'd take the time to chime in, I can continue to elaborate once I actually get my switches, I currently only have these handle lights purchased here:

I should start by saying I drive a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited but you can take these findings and guess as to what Toyota has done to cheap out on given your specific trim and what is currently installed in your door panel.

I don't think it's made very clear in the previous posts but the key to do mod and have the lights perform as they are stock what you are looking for is the dimmer negative and ANY positive wire to tap into. This negative wire will dictate when the lights turn on and any 12V source will do, you have many accessory driven 12V in that door panel to choose from. Instead of telling you which pins I am going to tell you what to look for with your multimeter to know if you have a dimmer wire available to you.

1. Stick your multimeter on a known ground (door hinge is what I use) and find a 12V source by probing the connector pins (switch can be unplugged). There's quite a few and they are likely all accessory driven on this harness so which one you use only matters from a load standpoint and these are tiny LEDs that have practically no load.
2. Next, stick your red lead in that 12V source and probe for your dimmer ground. Setting your dimmer switch to low should net you something like 2-3V and all the way bright will net you whatever your battery voltage is reading 12-14V.

Obviously this probing should be done with the lights on so the dimmer switch is providing some amount of continuity for that ground wire.

All of that said what I had to do given each door was this:
1. Front left door, repin the t-harness I received as it was wired I think for a car with folding mirrors, none of the pins were correct, I found the two I needed, depinned it, and moved things around.
2. Front right door is still an unknown, there is no dimmer wire I could find, it shouldn't be too hard to run one from under the glove box, I spent maybe 10 minutes probing down there and had to stop for the evening
3. Rear left and right, since my car has an illuminated heated seat button I tapped into that as the window switch connector did not have a dimmer wire, I cannibalized the t-harness leads and made my own t-harness for the heater button.

PRO TIP:
If you don't want to use vampire clips or splice into your existing harness build a T-Harness with leads and shrink tube and just tape the wires to the connector. I'll post a picture of this when I get back in there to install resistor today, it's a way cleaner/safer/reversible way to accomplish what you are after.

U15198d8305204b09b9835547549f72d7I.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
First thanks for everyone for taking the time to post you findings, finding time to post here is the most difficult thing to do for me.

I thought I'd take the time to chime in, I can continue to elaborate once I actually get my switches, I currently only have these handle lights purchased here:

I should start by saying I drive a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited but you can take these findings and guess as to what Toyota has done to cheap out on given your specific trim and what is currently installed in your door panel.

I don't think it's made very clear in the previous posts but the key to do mod and have the lights perform as they are stock what you are looking for is the dimmer negative and ANY positive wire to tap into. This negative wire will dictate when the lights turn on and any 12V source will do, you have many accessory driven 12V in that door panel to choose from. Instead of telling you which pins I am going to tell you what to look for with your multimeter to know if you have a dimmer wire available to you.

1. Stick your multimeter on a known ground (door hinge is what I use) and find a 12V source by probing the connector pins (switch can be unplugged). There's quite a few and they are likely all accessory driven on this harness so which one you use only matters from a load standpoint and these are tiny LEDs that have practically no load.
2. Next, stick your red lead in that 12V source and probe for your dimmer ground. Setting your dimmer switch to low should net you something like 2-3V and all the way bright will net you whatever your battery voltage is reading 12-14V.

Obviously this probing should be done with the lights on so the dimmer switch is providing some amount of continuity for that ground wire.

All of that said what I had to do given each door was this:
1. Front left door, repin the t-harness I received as it was wired I think for a car with folding mirrors, none of the pins were correct, I found the two I needed, depinned it, and moved things around.
2. Front right door is still an unknown, there is no dimmer wire I could find, it shouldn't be too hard to run one from under the glove box, I spent maybe 10 minutes probing down there and had to stop for the evening
3. Rear left and right, since my car has an illuminated heated seat button I tapped into that as the window switch connector did not have a dimmer wire, I cannibalized the t-harness leads and made my own t-harness for the heater button.

PRO TIP:
If you don't want to use vampire clips or splice into your existing harness build a T-Harness with leads and shrink tube and just tape the wires to the connector. I'll post a picture of this when I get back in there to install resistor today, it's a way cleaner/safer/reversible way to accomplish what you are after.

View attachment 162104
Impressive. Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
In case anybody's interested, I swapped out my lighted switches with the ones without the "A / window" icon and put them up for sale here:

681 - 698 of 698 Posts