Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm a long time Lurker but hoping I can get some help from you all. I have a 2007 Rav4 Limited, that has the JBL system in it, and I'm about 99% sure my amp is blown. I'm considering just buying a factory one again so I can just plug it in. But if I were too buy an aftermarket AMP what would I need to do to make it work? I'm about a step above a noob when it comes to this kind of thing. I did install an aftermarket radio, with the bypasses and everything, but never done an Amp. Thanks for any help you can offer!

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also add this. My radio was working fine this morning, then just cut off on me. I have a Pioneer AppRadio 3. The radio turns on fine, I don't have any other issues that make me think a blown fuse or anything. So having no sound could that be from a blown amp? From what I've read around the forum is the amp in this car is mainly to power the sub in the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check that your speakers connections are ok first. Could be a loose connection either at the speakers or from head unit along the way to speakers.
Basically an amp is used to amplify your sound so depending on how your amp is wired, you should still have some sound without the amp.
Worse case scenario is you may have a blown sound ic in your head unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts