Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am currently trying to remove my left front strut. I Downloaded the instructions for the job.I have gotten to the part were I need to remove the lower sway bar nut/bolt.
It said to take care not to strip the hexnut ya good luck..it is very rusted and the allen wrench cant seem to find a good grip in the hole.The whole thing is spinning while I try to loosen the 19mm bolt.
I am thinking about KB welding a smaller one in the hole and letting it set.then i should have enough grip to hold it still while I loosen the 19mm nut. I am in search of any other( better) ideas? Happy New year to all!!!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I had a problem like that and ended up welding the hex wrench into the bolt. Not a waste since the bolt was so corroded it had to be replaced anyway.

JB Weld never did anything useful for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to get the strut off without removing the bolt.hoping to be able to replace it with the new one without issue. garage is closed till Monday due to New years..Then they can compress the coils.

·
Registered
36 Posts
what i do is take a wisegrip on the backside on the bolt, right beside the rubber holding the bolt.
then just unscrew it .... with a air impact wrench if ya have...

been using that methode on countless cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts