Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does your RAV4 baby sound and feel when she idle?

Occasionally, I can hear the V6 idling with a mono-rhythm sound, ta-ta-ta-ta�, though not as loud as that made by a tractor.
Odometer reading is about 600 miles now and was 3 miles before the gentle break-in.

Also, does the antenna mask wiggle a little bit or hold still on idle?

M

·
0 Posts
Mine seems quiet as a sleeping baby... V6 ...

I had a passenger remark that it did not sound like the engine was even running at a red light the other day.

Of course everyone has different sensitivity levels to these things. I may just be "insensitive" to idle noise.

T

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem. It turned out to be the muffler heat shield. The dealer fixed it for free. As a matter of fact, as soon as I described the problem to the dealer, he said "sounds like it's the muffler heat shield". So this could be a common problem.

tcoc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool...

I might be sensitive to the "tu...tu...tu..." noise...
anyway I will ask the dealer about it on their "new-owners" event.

tcocsr said:
I had the same problem. It turned out to be the muffler heat shield. The dealer fixed it for free. As a matter of fact, as soon as I described the problem to the dealer, he said "sounds like it's the muffler heat shield". So this could be a common problem.

tcoc

xfn said:
How does your RAV$ baby sound and feel when she’s idle?

Occasionally, I can hear the V6 idling with a mono-rhythm sound, “ta-ta-ta-ta…”, though it’s not as loud as that made by a tractor.
Odometer reading is about 600 miles now and was 3 miles before the gentle break-in.

Also, does the antenna mask wiggle a little bit or hold still on idle?

B

·
0 Posts
I noticed a bit of a hummmmm sound underneath the vehicle on the weekend while the vehcile was stopped at several lights in drive.

I noticed this on several occasions on this day.

I haven't noticed it since, except possibly yesterday driving slowly in the dirt parking lot at work....not sure though.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Fuel pumps make a humming sound that you may be able to hear, I can't hear it with my old ears, so I can't tell ya if the Rav does it or not!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Janos said:
I have the same ta ta ta ta. I just thought it was the toyota engine.
OK I went to the dealer's "new owners" event and asked about the tatata or dududu.
Both the mechanic and another owner told me that is because of the design of the injector in the v6 engine...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts