Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
Are you getting a check engine light? Have you changed the air filter lately? Sometimes a vacuum hose can get pulled out when removing the filter--check that. For it to happen suddenly--go back to the last thing that was done.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My RAV4 2006 idle speed suddenly became so low that engine stalls when standing at red light. Can someone tells what is the problem?
And how about giving us a clue which engine you have?

Seriously...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I did nothing, no air filter replaced. I noticed the vehicle vibrating at idle speed last week but yesterday it stalled first time while on idle speed at a traffic light. I put fuel injector cleaner in gas tank to see to if idle speed comes back to normal. Sometimes it works. My vehicle is standard RAV4 2006 2.4L 4-cylinder.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I am going with idle air control valve sticking. The quick fix is to remove some of the hoses going to it and squirt some WD-40 up in there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 2007 i4 awd.
changed the battery the other day.. it was without power for about 15mins while i swapped it..
when i started it afterwords.. it was idling like it wanted to stall.. really low below 500rpm.. so i turned the AC off and
drove it around for about a day or so and she is all better now.. even with the AC on.

I chalked it up to the ECM relearning.

Honestly I dont know why it did that or why it stopped. Any electrical problems?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts