Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. so i have a rav 4 1995 model. for a while now i've noticed how the idling goes to 2000 rpm once i start and goes down a bit when i put a gear. however even as i drive, it keeps fluctuating to 2000 then goes down to about 1500 rpm. its a manual. please help. what do i do? coz its chowing a lot of fuel and i cant keep up

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Check all hoses, you might have a loose or unplugged hose. Have you change the coolant? Throttle body, check cable and nuts, it might have shifted for one reason or another. Have you been working in the engine bay lately, if so, what did you do? The air box, has it been removed of punctured? Are the intake plastic intake hoses been tampered with? Look for anything that might be letting more air into the throttle body.

·
Registered
229 Posts
^Mensa's right. About all vacuum hoses, check those thin hoses especially the one going to MAF sensor, maybe they're already clogged and shrunk inside due to long time exposure to heat, that may cause difficulty in air passages. Also, check the air box's sensor, maybe it wasn't inserted correctly or may have left hanging outside the air box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts