Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
After considering both a CRV & the new Cadillac XT5, the wife and I agreed the Rav was the best fit for us. I already have a 2015 Tahoe & 05 Colorado for work so all she wanted was something great on gas that was a bit more off the ground then her Chevy Cruze. We're really happy with it, fun little thing to drive in traffic as it fits everywhere lol.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We had the same dilemma.
Probably more than you wanted to hear, but there it is.....
Thanks. I've been collecting my thoughts on it. Due to our parking spot length requirements car has to be under 185" in length, 182" begin on preferred side. That kind of narrows it down for us :) with Highlander being out unfortunately. I don't think I could ever commit to Mazda. Current crop of Lexus models, just as you mentioned, aren't very practical in trunk space department, not to mention I absolutely dislike that crazy grill they got going. I like Volvo XC60 in particular, but it's expensive for my budget and doesn't seem to be as reliable as Toyota. Subaru wife acceptance factor is non-existent so that's out too.

I make frequent trips to the mountains (about 300 miles round trip) so with a single car in the family reliability is a top priority. From that stand point 2013 RAV4 did not disappoint - mechanically it's been rock solid, so far.

My new car time frame is likely Q4 of this year or first half of next year. So I kind of narrowed it to either another RAV4 or used 1st gen Q5. I'd like to stay under 40k so new Q5 is out. I'll be looking into 2016/2017 Q5s. On RAV4 side it'll either be 2018 RAV4 regular one or hybrid. Not sure if hybrid is a good idea for the mountains or not though. And I'll also be paying close attention to the upcoming RAV4 Adventure. Oh there is new CRV there too, which we'll check out as well. It just seems close to RAV4 so I'd rather pick Toyota instead.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I also have a 2013 Limited Rav4, but just got it in Nov 2016.
We had a 2016 Highlander Limited for a week and fell in love with it, but budget wasn't enough. In any case, we're happy with our Rav4.
If you really need more room and power, the Highlander is a great choice, if not, stay Rav4.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I initially set out to buy a used car, so considered several. Top contenders, new or used, were CR-V, Forester and Crosstrek. RAV4 was a late addition to my list for consideration. The final choice really came down to a new CR-V or RAV4. Contrary to most of the reviews I've read, I thought the RAV handled better, more agile and responsive. The CR-V more of a soft, big car feel. I also preferred the 6 speed to the CVT, and like the standard safety. I think the RAV looks a bit less like every other compact SUV.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mazda has been getting better and better over the past few years. Why? Toyota and Mazda have been sharing technology and some of their respective vehicles have been rolling out of the same factories side by side. Great for Mazda, +1 for choice.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts