Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen,

I am desperately in need of and searching for an older version of Entune software update applicable for 2016-2018 Entune Premium Audio Head Units.

This update was introduced in the original Toyota Technical Service Bulletin (T-SB-0103-16 attached) and was superseded later. Yes, I am aware that it is an old update and there are several newer updates, but I specifically need that older one.

That update was available at Toyota Downloads, but not anymore.

I would really appreciate if someone who still has that .KWI file stored on his hard drive, will share it with me.
The .KWI update package is about 170MB and it should not take more than 10 minutes to upload the file to any available file share.

There is also a possibility that this file exists (even if you already have a newer version) on your Toyota Maps microSD card in \PANA directory (depends on the version of your Toyota Maps microSD card).

The update (the file) that I am looking for is: 13TDANNA-DA11_0130.kwi

I have posted a similar message to many other Toyota forums, but didn't hear back yet from anyone. Hopefully this forum is the last stop and I will find what I am looking for to fix the annoying problem that I have.

Huge thanks to those who will decide to check his archives/microSD card and get back to me! I truly appreciate your time and I mean it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I feel your pain. I went thru this with a Vizio TV a few years ago. Once the manufacturers pull them, it becomes impossible to find them out in the wild.

I wonder if it is possible to 'extract' the current file from a radio head?

Might I ask what you are trying to fix? There might be a lesson here for others that are considering moving forward with a software update.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It doesn’t look like any software is available for 2016 models Or any Rav 4’s for that matter.

Currently no updates available for this multimedia unit.
I didn’t know that site existed. Did they ever have updates for our radios there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel your pain. I went thru this with a Vizio TV a few years ago. Once the manufacturers pull them, it becomes impossible to find them out in the wild.

I wonder if it is possible to 'extract' the current file from a radio head?

Might I ask what you are trying to fix? There might be a lesson here for others that are considering moving forward with a software update.
Fibber2,

You can not exctract the file from the radio head. Yes, you may be able to obtain a memory dump reading the chip with programmer, but I am not at this step yet.

I prefer not going in to the details about the problem I am trying to fix.

And as with any updates/upgrades (phones, computers, cars...) it is a good rule to not be the first to jump on it, but to wait to see if any regression is introduced. To be fair, this particular case has nothing to do with this rule. I just need that _130.kwi file for a very particular reason.

Thanks for checking and for your thoughts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts