Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dang @Eug! I already ordered the RAV4 hybrid and it rolled off the line yesterday in Japan! :)

BTW - I have no idea what a "woke boyfriend" is.
BTW2 - I am not contemplating ride sharing with nobody :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like it would be too small for us anyway, but it's interesting nonetheless, esp. since there will be a hybrid version.

BTW, what does "woke boyfriend" mean?

EDIT:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woke

Being Woke means being aware.. Knowing whats going on in the community.

OK, but I still don't know what that means in this context.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it looks good actually, and in some ways nicer than the RAV4. More sleek yet more aggressive at the same time (but not too aggressive).

However, that rear door is very odd. I would have expected the rear window to be longer, extending further back, with the handle in the normal position. But they aren't. Does that mean the backs of the rear seats are further forward, meaning it has lousy rear legroom (and thus bad for child car seats)? Maybe they did that to increase the cargo space.

IOW, it looks like this is a CUV for young people with no kids.

Also, what's with that roof spoiler thingy?

BTW, this was originally supposed to be a Scion. I'm glad it isn't a Scion, and I'm also glad Scion is dead. There was no point in having that branding.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Would be a dynamite sports vehicle with the 3.5 V6, manual and/or paddle shifter gearbox, and sport suspension! :wink

·
Super Moderator
11,107 Posts
Looks like a Ba$tard child to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Definitely like it. I owned the first year of the Nissan Juke, I like unique looking vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
I appreciate unique vehicles myself - drive a Honda Element besides the Rav4. That CH-R isn't unique and it IS butt-ugly. At least the Juke owners will be hearing a little less flack if this thing starts sharing the disgust.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This looks NOTHING like the Nissan Juke. It looks far, far better. If it looks like anything, it's the Lexus NX 300h, albeit a smaller cousin.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
The C-HR kinda reminds me of the RSC concept that Toyota came out with years ago:

·
Registered
151 Posts
That was shown last October at the Tokyo motor show and I am sure that I responded to a thread about it. However as I am unable to find my post perhaps it was on a different forum to here. I also said the car somehow reminded me of a Juke.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am sure it will do well "because SUV". That C pillar / missing window is doing the rear seat occupants no favours. Also, good luck with having a child open the back door to get in. Looks decent but seems to be more form over function to me. Pretty much a "me too" car to say Toyota is in the cute-ute segment now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like a Lexus. This is the RX 200t.

This is the C-HR:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It doesn't appear that Toyota intends to market the C-HR as an SUV since it is not a "utility" vehicle in the traditional sense of the term. Whether it would qualify as a "sport" vehicle basically will depend upon factors which aren't known at this point.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts