Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... inside and out, you should read this article. It will explain much.

Excerpt: "When an auto designer tells me he's striving for a 'boudoir' effect, it always stops me in my tracks. But that's what Michael Burton, General Motors director for interior design, said recently when I asked him where luxury design was headed for Cadillac and Buick."

And: "Camilo Pardo, the chief designer of the macho Ford GT, has been busy creating not just the vehicles we'll see on the road in 2012 – but a disposable wedding gown and floppy hat stamped out of highly polished aluminum.

The 43-year-old manager of the advanced studio at the Dearborn automaker has a passion for sewing, it turns out. He's got several Singer sewing machines at home and is not ashamed to stop in fabric stores to buy Simplicity patterns that he can alter to fit what he calls his 'sarcastic' style.

His fashion and automotive design came together earlier this month during Miami Fashion Week, when Pardo showed off his Mercury Milan Voga (Spanish for 'vogue') concept sedan, as well as a line of women's wear."

Read Joe Sherlock's blog 'The View Through The Windshield', daily. You'll find it to be amusing and insightful.
(not a paid advertisement)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whenever I see an Aztec, I can't help myself...I have to just stop and stare. I can't figure what anyone would find appealing with one of those. It's as attractive as an orthopedic shoe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts