Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

If you were to sell your RAV4, how much?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Not planning on selling it any time soon. Just got it about 3 months ago at a Toyota dealer for $10,800 with 29k original miles (99 4dr 2wd, 5spd) certified. This is a keeper.

If I where to sell it, I would probably start at 11k and work down, trying to negotiate the least loss.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I paid US$8500 for my 4x4 Rav4L, with 74,000 miles on it. It took another US$2000 to get it ship-shape. Front tyres, 2 rear shocks, spark plugs, spark plug wires, wipers, PCV valve, new light bulbs all round, coolant, hoses, belts, timing belt, water pump, theromstat, transmission oil and filter, oil, oil filter and air filter. Most of this did not need to be done but I am fussy (the old plugs and wires were in excellent shape). It looked as though the previous owner had done very little to it (although a few of the sensors look new). US$300 on some rear tyres and she'll be perfect. Looking at the other prices here, it does appear that you get what you pay for.

I'd probably ask $8500 if I were to sell it now, and for that they would get a steal. But a key message with Ravs is that low mileage is worth the investment. The timing belt change at 70,000 - 90,000 miles is a big blow to the budget. Also, look for one with road tyres or put road tyres on it when you want to sell it. Most people would not want to buy one that had done a lot of off-roading.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mensagero, I think your price amounts are too low. Is that $$$ amount in Pesos? :lol:

I bought mines used in 2001 for $15,000 and it had 18,000 miles on it. Currently there is about 48,000 miles on her, and I would probably sell for greater than $6000.00 USD! :wink:

With all the mods that have been added to date, and more just sitting around the garage waiting to be installed (i.e. Leather kit, TRD lowering springs/Bilstein shocks); I'd never think about selling right at this moment. Although you are right Mensagero, you will never be able to recoup all of the mods. when selling. Most buyers could care less about all the things that are added to the car, they'll just see the blue book private party price and see the mods. as an added benefit. :cry:

Plus, with the intro. of the new bland styled 4.3; the 4.1 is definitely a keeper now! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I value my '99 RAV Softtop at $8000-$9000. It has always been kept in a heated garage and only has 28000 miles on it.

Cal

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't give mine for no less then $13,000.00, take it or leave it. I know dealers have a formula that takes into consideration the year and degradation of the vehicle. This formula gives a number :roll: . Of course we must realized that they are experts on "extorting" [Harsh word, but that is the way we call it in PR] vehicles from clients saying that the value of the vehicle has diminished.

But no one takes into consideration the time, parts and care you have taken. Once they have your vehicle, the price goes up considerably because of all the extras you left on the vehicle. Come on, it's a business.

If you plan on selling your RAV4. Unless you haven't taken care of it. The degradation price of a RAV4 is small compared to other vehicles.Becasue of its reliability and reputacion. It preserves its value big time. One thing I haven't seen in NO RAV4 is deterioration of the chassis or body with rust. I 3Med [under coat] my RAV4 in the hard to get places. This helps the body to stand up to the rain season in PR.

T

·
0 Posts
I wouldnt let mine go for less than like 7000$. I bought mine for 10500$ in April of 2004 with 35000 miles on it. I have the 2000 Pearl White L package Rav. It is in perfect condition. I couldnt let it go for less than 7000 but more realisticly 8000.

Chuck

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought mine new for $17,500.00 in 1997. My car was stolen and it was an unexpected purchase. So I had to go with the cheapest RAV4. My mistake, but thank God RAV4world. Now it has a ton of extras. Never crashed, sleeps in a garage and oil changed ever 3,000 mile religiously. To the point that on a Sunday drive. I was out with the family and when I looked at mile counter, the mileage said 53,000 miles, time for the oil change. I stopped on the freeway, looked for a local Car Lube and did the oil change. I still use the oil recommended by Toyota, Castrol 5W-30. That is commitment. My wife and mother almost flipped. :p

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a 98 with 50.000 kilometers. I bought it half a year ago directly from Japan and costed me inclucding shipping and import duties about US$7000, would ask about US$8000 for it now if I want to sell it

·
Registered
278 Posts
They have really good deals if you buy the cars directly from companies in Japan (mehran, Ibc etc). Including shipping and duties it is cheaper then buying it in the country you are now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts