Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wait until the summer and get the RAV4 prime. Honestly recalls are better than the company not doing anything. It means they will fix something before it goes sour. Way better than just letting things go wrong and not taking responsibility. For me there have been no major issues with my xle hybrid.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I’m interested in the new 2020 Highlander hybrid but suspect it shares many of the same parts as the Rav does. It even appears to have the same 2.5 liter engine now under potential recall. So maybe the 2022 model might be of interest after the potential problems (or lack thereof) are revealed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My real issues at this point:
1) Gas tank capacity
2) Toyota App basically useless
3) Apple Car Play / Google Maps crashes the Premium HU randomly

But I am concerned with these reported here:
1) dead 12V battery
2) Engine block

·
Registered
266 Posts
Because of the issues and recall... what is you top choice?

I am eyeing a Model Y or Forester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Meh. If you had issues with the hybrid, wait until you get a Tesla or Subaru. You'd wish you had kept your hybrid with all of its flaws.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
1) Gas tank capacity

1) dead 12V battery
2) Engine block
Plus noisy brakes, thin paint, and inconsistent and wide panel gaps.

I still like my hybrid. It is my baby.

·
Registered
266 Posts
1) Gas tank capacity

1) dead 12V battery
2) Engine block
Plus noisy brakes, thin paint, and inconsistent and wide panel gaps.

I still like my hybrid. It is my baby.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wait until the summer and get the RAV4 prime. Honestly recalls are better than the company not doing anything. It means they will fix something before it goes sour. Way better than just letting things go wrong and not taking responsibility. For me there have been no major issues with my xle hybrid.
Then you were buying a vehicle the first year it is available which always has problems. Sounds like that would be going out of the frying pan into the fire.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Nothing. I will ride this out for the time being. I had to deal with the 132 issue with Hyundai/Kia for the Theta Motor. I am going to bide my time to see how it all plays out.

I have taken a pic of my coolant for reference and will be checking often as well as my oil.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I found that the RAV4 hybrid looked the most solid through research .
But that was before all this gas tank stuff.
And the failure to respond in a timely manner.
I was looking at a Pacifica Hybrid Van for a long time but some of the problems
with that are much worse. And I have heard a lot of complaints about Subaru lately.
Was looking at VW Alltrack Wagon . They will be none in the US anymore 2019 was the last
year..

·
Registered
2918 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
813 Posts
I was thinking a Y but then I priced what I want and the house mods to work with it and an extra $25k plus taxes just made no sense for me given the trouble with only 2 repair stations in the state and the sales office 65 miles away. I love my Toyota dealer's service and it is 3 miles away. I don't have any paint problems and haven't with my last 4 white Toyotas, I can easily live with the gas tank variability. I don't live where it is -0-40F. And I haven't heard any other real issues. I don't use the app, nor any Apple product. Nor AA. Haven't heard of any Block problems.

Given how fast cars are changing, I want to wait to see what is available 2-3 years from now.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts