Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Toyota seems to messing up on basic things though, engine block, fuel pump, fuel tank... Nothing to do with hybrid complexity. Defective parts seems like the culprit for most recent things

·
Registered
2918 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
813 Posts
Toyota seems to messing up on basic things though, engine block, fuel pump, fuel tank... Nothing to do with hybrid complexity. Defective parts seems like the culprit for most recent things
And Ford can't do a suspension

Honda can't do wiring right

Just this week's recalls.

The modern car is as complex as a spaceship and certainly not built on the same budget.

·
Registered
2918 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package built June 20
813 Posts
Let's do the math. NASA's 2019 budget was about $21 billion
Toyota sold over 2,000,000 (US ONLY!) vehicles in 2019. Say at $30,000 per car = $60 billion

Total actual 2019 Toyota revenue = $270 billion

And NASA produced how many vehicles at what per unit cost? And their time between concept and production is now what? And still their attempts fail (see Boeing's recent space problems at a unit cost of what).

·
Registered
535 Posts
And NASA produced how many vehicles at what per unit cost? And their time between concept and production is now what? And still their attempts fail (see Boeing's recent space problems at a unit cost of what).
So my point is that mass producing millions of vehicles that don't leave earths gravity is not comparable to rocket surgery.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The first generation Ford Escape Hybrid was awesome. Gave me trouble free high MPG for 15 years. I don't know anything about the new ones.

The Chevy Bolt is awesome.
250 miles per charge.
How long does it take to charge?
Usually, 98% of the time, less time than to pump a tank of gas. Unless it is a Rav4. Then it is faster 99.95% of the time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
But yet posters here say ford is junk and so is honda whenever you criticize Toyota.

Uh yeah like every model ford and honda build are junk. Yeah right!

·
Registered
266 Posts
But yet posters here say ford is junk and so is honda whenever you criticize Toyota.

Uh yeah like every model ford and honda build are junk. Yeah right!
Crown Vic is one of the best used cars you can buy. Same with an old CRV, RAV4, and Outback. Everything nowadays is worse.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
How's that extended warranty working out for you with the fuel tank issue?

Unrelated. You do realize that it kicks in after original is done. The point is if you are to keep the car longer then 3 years you are still covered and if you are going with buyback then you will get your money back it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Unrelated. You do realize that it kicks in after original is done. The point is if you are to keep the car longer then 3 years you are still covered and if you are going with buyback then you will get your money back it.
Hopefully any future issue with the car will be fixable. Some problems like Ford's dual clutch trans problems or Honda's CRV oil dilution were never fixed and those problems persist even to this day regardless of warranty extensions by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hopefully any future issue with the car will be fixable. Some problems like Ford's dual clutch trans problems or Honda's CRV oil dilution were never fixed and those problems persist even to this day regardless of warranty extensions by the manufacturer.

For oil dilution i thought they offered a fix last May

·
Registered
266 Posts
It never worked. They have provided "fixes" for years now that they knew would not work. So now, Honda's solution is to extend warranties.

·
Registered
813 Posts

The fix they offered was to try and cure the slow warm up and defrost problem. I was going to buy one and so have been tracking that for a year. Not the car you want in cold weather. The only things I have seen recommended is use premium gas, check your oil level every week, change the oil every 3-5k rather than 10k, and cross your fingers. Most reports are in the winter, then the thread goes quiet. There haven't been any reports of failures that involve replacing the engine on the multi-thousand message thread I have followed. But paranoia reigns. And owners don't like the solutions are all costing the owners extra money.

41 - 60 of 173 Posts