Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

IG1 Relay location 21 RAV4

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Tazio Nuvolari 
#1 ·
Have a 21 RAV4 was in an accident. The car starts but won’t shift into gear unless you manually shift it no power steering, no power to windows or seat and more. Read on some other forums that the IG1 relay is the cause of all of this. Where is the IG1 relay on a 21 RAV4? Or is there one? Anyone have any info on this.

#2 ·
Here is a pdf that may help you. In the cabin fuse box under the drivers side dash there are several fuses labeled IG1. I supply screen shots of their purpose from the pdf. One has shift lock and power steering functions. Other cabin fuses control the power windows and seat. I think ALL your problems may be due to BLOWN FUSES in the cabin fuse box--not a relay. In fact I could not find any relay labeled IGI in any of the engine fuse boxes. Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document
Font Number Document Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

#4 ·
Have a 21 RAV4 was in an accident.
You might supply a photo or a detailed description of the accident damage to aid in diagnosis of your electrical issues. Was the engine compartment compromised or damaged? Was the ECU or either of the engine fuse and relay boxes damaged? Check all the fuses in the engine fuse boxes. Make a thorough inspection for any broken or shorted wires especially any wiring bundles going through the firewall. Check the wiring coming out the bottom of the engine fuse box for damage. Check for damage to the wiring bundles and connectors to the ECU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.