Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I was changing my spark plugs and found that one of my ignition coils is full of soot and the rubber washer at the base is ripped. My question is what causes the soot in the chamber where the ignition coil is? And also I wanted to know if since the rubber washer is ripped would I have to buy a new ignition coil? It makes a tapping noise now I'm guessing since the washers ripped maybe? Would I have to buy a full set or would it be okay to just buy one? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Was your sparkplug loose?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out the threads for the spark plug were busted and now i have to go junk yard jumping and buy a new valve cover and an ignition coil. The guy i bought the rav4 from told me he had taken it into jiffy lube to get serviced so im guessing their that when they put the new spark plugs in that they messed up the threads on the valve cover. Cuz now im taking off all the other spark plugs and its looking the same. Yaay for jiffy lube...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Doesn't the spark plug screw into the head?

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mistake thanks for the correction!

And again thanks for the help i really apreciate it! ima order this set and hope for the best. Im using my project truck as a daily driver for now its not so much fun to get groceries in a single cab s10 lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts