Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
They are both the same, i bought two cheap ones from Rock earlier this year to see if they improved my hesitation, despite being listed as 1&4 and 2&3 they arrived with no marks on them and in fact they look to be from different manufacturers as they differed in colour. I did manage to identify which was supposed to be which from the part numbers but I also switched them around and it made no difference.(I still have hesitation so I put the originals back on)
If I was back there stateside I would sell you mine as I dont need them.
I only have OBD1 on mine, I presume with OBD2 you know which coil it is, if so you could switch your coils just to see the fault code move to the other one and you'd be reassured.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was going to say to ignore suggestions to remove the IAC bracket etc., as you found out the coils can be removed ok but it's a little fiddly, 1&4 always seems to be the culprit, my multimeter readings were good too but according to everything I read, there's no way to test the output or 'spark' so I bought replacements, in my case it was wasted dollars but I was able to eliminate them.
I also changed my ECU too.
Good luck, let us know if it's cured yours, sure wish I had OBDII

·
Registered
432 Posts
It does sound like the coil was bad. You had probably the worst wires you could have, plenty has been written on here about how bad Bosch wires are on our rav's as I am sure you know. Denso's would have been the best but NGK's are very good too.
Can't explain why it took so long to start but you were only firing on three, I wouldn't worry just so long as it starts perfectly every time now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.