Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to some how illuminate the window switches on my 2017 SE, on a past post's someone did this and I cant find it. Has anyone performed this project.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to light up my door switches, wrapping the led lights is not a problem, the problem is powering the led's, I thought I could run a lead from the widow switch thru the door pillar,thru the wiring harness and in. NO WAY, I would have to drill a small thru the door pillar to feed a wire thru and than to power. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I think TOYOTA ENGINEERS failed on this one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I tried to light up my door switches, wrapping the led lights is not a problem, the problem is powering the led's, I thought I could run a lead from the widow switch thru the door pillar,thru the wiring harness and in. NO WAY, I would have to drill a small thru the door pillar to feed a wire thru and than to power. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I think TOYOTA ENGINEERS failed on this one.
Did you at least do the driver side? Based on above post the drivers side switch cluster has both required wires. The passenger side shouldn't be that difficult if the wires aren't there to begin with. You should be able to fish a wire through the door harness boot using a snake. Worst case you can use a coat hanger straightened out but I suggest you smooth out sharp end with sand paper or Dremel tool so the coat hanger doesn't pierce any other wire jackets. I actually prefer to use fiberglass snake rods.

If I have time this weekend I going to do my drivers side switch since I already have the ice blue led strips from when I did my cup holders.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did both front door switches as indicated in above link think this morning. Very easy , each switch took no more than 15 minutes. I know later this evening once it gets dark on how well it works. One observation I have is the led is powered on once ignition is turned on rather than the lights. I checked all wires on both switches and neither had a illumination wire present( no surprise). I’ll reserve final judgement till tonight and update with pictures.

Here are the connections :

Drivers Door window switch:
LED positive connect to Blue wire
LED negative connect to White/Black wire

Passenger Door window switch:
LED positive connect to Blue wire
LED negative connect to Brown wire

LED strips purchased

YITAMOTOR 20X Car Lighting Flexible Strip 15SMD Blue LED 30cm Decorative LED Light Waterproof

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E0SKBEM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_QNrXzb6SCGAA6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some how I would like to be able to run a power lead thru the door pillar boot, than connect it to a power source so that when the night lites come on and lite up the window switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts