Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pacific Blue Limited 4x4 v6 with leather is next to impossible. I've been dealing with a national broker, local Wash DC dealers and even the 2nd largest Toy dealer in the US and no luck. Put money down March 3rd.

Was even going to take a non-leather and do aftermarket for $1600 to $2000.

But I did get the same 3.5 V6 but a 07 Camry XLE is wrapped around it.

I started looking at the prices and other than cargo room and 4x4 the features in the Camry are much better. Features like a Voice Activated Touch Screen DVD..... 6sp auto, 31mpg HiWay

Maybe selling 400,000+ a year and being made in Ky instead of JP??

CH

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, at least you stayed with Toyota. I’ve never seen a RAV owner here criticize that choice.

Your loaded XLE has traction control so that should be good enough for most routine snow events and other slick pavement stuff. Happy motoring!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Theres one sitting in a lot near me.. Its a base tho

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3980&highlight=

CHuntMD said:
Pacific Blue Limited 4x4 v6 with leather is next to impossible. I've been dealing with a national broker, local Wash DC dealers and even the 2nd largest Toy dealer in the US and no luck. Put money down March 3rd.

Was even going to take a non-leather and do aftermarket for $1600 to $2000.

But I did get the same 3.5 V6 but a 07 Camry XLE is wrapped around it.

I started looking at the prices and other than cargo room and 4x4 the features in the Camry are much better. Features like a Voice Activated Touch Screen DVD..... 6sp auto, 31mpg HiWay

Maybe selling 400,000+ a year and being made in Ky instead of JP??

CH

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Rav4 was to replace my wife's older Explorer. She decided that a car would be OK. Of course I've not bought a car in 20 years (only SUV's and Trucks, i know badddd american ;)

For larger crowds and to pull my trailer w/Jeep CJ7 I have a Nissan Armada. Between that and my Ranger we still have 4x4 ;)

CH

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure hope you have a "Save the Bay" license plate on that Nissan Armada. We all will think better of you for it :p

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I do. the MD ones are good looking.

At least I'm only putting 10,000miles/year Less now that this new camry has a epa of 31 hiway and gas at almost $3.00 a gal my Mada is for towing and 5+ passengers ;)

CH

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It ain't your father's Camry for sure. About the only thing I would change is the exhaust note (or lack of).

I think the Nissan Nav display is better looking especially the bird-eye view. Also the Nissan Display will show the Map/Audio at the same time. The Toy does not.

I'm not sure why the Rav4 does not come with nav. It is a $900 option in camrys. I understand the new lexus RS350 suv will be based on the new RAV4 and the v6/ Maybe they did not want to infringe on the Lexus territory.

CH

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't jumped on that NAV bandwagon yet. I guess I never felt a need for one. Unless you drive in unfamiliar places allot. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CHuntMD said:
I'm not sure why the RAV4 does not come with nav. It is a $900 option in camrys. I understand the new lexus RS350 suv will be based on the new RAV4 and the v6/ Maybe they did not want to infringe on the Lexus territory.

CH
Where did you see information about a Lexus RS350. I heard there was going to be a RAV4 platform based Lexus, but there was no mention of name. Would be great if it had the direct injection FSE engine too :!:

Someone posted this on the Edmunds RAV4 forum makes sense since other RAV4 competitors will be offering these features...

Probably Sept/Oct. I believe yes the '07 RAV will get BT since the JBL 440w 6 disc + BT option seems to be well accepted on the new Camry. I'd also guess that Navi will be offered as well.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nav system is more than getting yourself to a destination

Compared to my old hand-held Garmin GPS today's DVD based systems are full of extras. POI = Points of Interest like ATMs, Resturants, Hospitals, Gas Stations etc.
Can route if a road is closed/major accident. They are even working on a real-time traffic map using XM type SAT feed.
CH

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Nav system is more than getting yourself to a destinatio

CHuntMD said:
Compared to my old hand-held Garmin GPS today's DVD based systems are full of extras. POI = Points of Interest like ATMs, Resturants, Hospitals, Gas Stations etc.
Can route if a road is closed/major accident. They are even working on a real-time traffic map using XM type SAT feed.
CH
The modern aftermarket GPS of today are hard drive drive(HDD) based - DVD is old news and holds much less data/POI. Aftermarket GPS units were the first to integrate HDD, large POI databases, traffic using XM or FM based traffic services, bluetooth, etc...

Factory units are just starting to offer HDD, but they'll always become outdated compared to the aftermarket. Acura seems to have the factory GPS with the most features.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts