Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I need a car now and cannot wait until the 2016's come out,(local dealers said sometime in December) I'm going to order the Limited trim. I decided to upgrade to the JBL system. I know there's been lots of complaints, but I think it's been mainly about FM? Im also upgrading to the tech package and VIP security system as well.
I think the deals will be fairly good since the dealers want to make room for the new models.
I'm going to use Roadster car buying service to order the car. If I remember, I saw the link on this website. They already found two cars with the color and accessories I wanted, but only in northern Calif.
I'm in Los Angeles. If I have to settle for a different color, but it's from a local dealer, I'll get it.
I don't have the energy to go from dealer to dealer to negotiate.
Even online can be a hassle.
I'll let everyone know what kind of deal I got.?

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
Congrats. And you can edit your first post to make the change(s). You don't have to put anything in the "Reason for Editing" box.

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
I don't see an option for editing, at least not on the mobile site. Maybe that option is only available on the full site.
Maybe so. I run the Legacy version on my Windows laptop. Kinda gave up on the mobile site.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Good choice. We're loving our 2015 Limited. We also have a 2004 RAV that we purchased new and now has 168,000 miles on it and has been problem-free. I believe that's a testament to Toyota quality and reliability.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yes!
A change of heart.
After more research, a hearty recommendation from my mechanic, and a gut feeling, this is my choice.
Nice. The purchase of a 2016 RAV4 will be our first foray into the Toyota family. At least in my nuclear household, we've only owned Honda's before and really like the frugality of the Maintenance Minder which extends the time between dealership visits.

Just don't like the sideview of the CRV and didn't want to take a chance on the possible CVT vibration issue.

Also, it helps that I wanted better fuel economy so we're going with the loaded hybrid, since that will be the only one with the Toyota Safety Sense (tech package is required for the TSS).

Oh well, better to have the additional safety features and not use them than have none of them when you need them the most (accident avoidance). I feel more comfortable since my teenage daughter will be of driving age next year.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
You're going to love it.
About 8k on our '15, I drove it for a little over 3k on vacation a few weeks ago and loved driving it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You'll love it. Have had mine for a couple weeks now and am fairly pleased with it. Just got my license plates in the mail Saturday. Off to the Auto Club later today to swap my personalized plates from the old car to this one. Other than the FM bass issue, I think the JBL is pretty good. I almost always use it with a USB thumb drive or Pandora.

Which color are you going for?

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Volosong,
Blue Crush, Classic Silver Metallic, Gray Metallic in that order. My broker found the first two choices with the accessories i wanted, but in Northern Calif.She will check today with my local dealers.But i'll settle for a color other than my choices if she can find one here with the Limited trim and upgrades .Longo Toyota is a large dealership nearby, but she said they don't always have the best pricing.
I wish i had time to see what changes/improvements have been done to the 2016 model, but they wont be avail.until December.

·
Registered
424 Posts
When I was in Coeur d'alene last month, the oil change came due on my Lexus RX hybrid. The Toyota dealer there will service Lexus vehicles, (since the nearest Lexus dealer is more than 25 miles away). They confirmed the inverter coolant leak and tried real hard to "What will it take for you to drive home in a RAV4? What can we do?" I didn't bite because I was appalled at how much, or more accurately, how little they were going to give me for the Lexus as a trade-in.

They had a LOT of used RAV4s in stock. Seems they do a screaming business in leasing AWD RAV4s. The sticker prices weren't all that great. Only about $5k less than a new one. Drove a lot of them and eventually, did drive a new Limited in the blue color, black interior. It was a beautiful car and drove real nice. Driving all the different models back-to-back, it convinced me to get a gen4 RAV in Limited trim. I should have taken it because all the AWD Limiteds down her in SoCal were Grey Metallic. Lots of other colors, but not AWD. Up there in Northern Idaho, almost all the RAVs are AWD and you'd be hard pressed to find a FWD model. (Down here, I had to settle for a Grey Metallic with a black interior.) Seems like with the Costco auto program, they not not too inclined to do a dealer swap for a color I would want.

If you can, hold out for the Blue. It's pretty unique and really is a beautiful automobile.

And, like you, I really wished I could have waited for the '16s. Really wanted a hybrid RAV4. My Lexus RX is a AWD hybrid and I'm sold on the technology. But like you, I couldn't really wait three more months. No way to know when that inverter coolant leak will become so bad that the car is not drivable. Funny thing, my lady friend purchased it from me, even knowing about the leak. I gave it to her for just under what the dealer offered as a trade-in. Even with the leak, she got a screaming deal. New tires, new wheels, new radiator, just had 120k major service. Even if she replaces the inverter, (a $4,000 job), she'll have a nice car at a fair price.

p.s. Contacted Longo, but I'm turned off by 'high pressure' sales tactics and will run as fast as I can in the other direction. Eventually went with Frontier Toyota in Valencia. They are the nearest dealer to me who sell through the Costco Auto Buying program. My local dealer is not part of that, or I would have purchased from them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do like the blue color.
If it's not avail. in southern cal. and my broker is able to negotiate a great deal in northern cal. I might just go pick it up in the Bay Area and drive it back. My brother lives up there so I'd have a chance to visit him also.
I'm still waiting to hear from my broker if she found a blue one down here though.

Longo Toyota has lots of bad reviews on yelp regarding their prices and service.
I think many people feel that since they are a large dealership and sell in volume, that their deals must be good,so they don't negotiate with the salespeople. They assume they are getting a good deal. Even my broker said they aren't her first choice for her clients.
I feel a smaller dealership is willing to negotiate to make a sale as opposed to a larger dealership. But that's only my opinion.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How is the AWD during winter? I understand that winter tires are mandatory in Quebec.
Yes, Winter tires are required by law here. It makes a lot of sense in this climate as we see snow and ice for 4 or 5 months out of the year. I haven't had a chance to tackle anything that would require me to lock up the diff in order to move yet. However, on my icy incline driveway, it came in really handy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts