Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the go ahead from the wife to start shopping. I will be looking for the Limited V6 with 4WD and most all the options except the DVD player (kids are all A LOT bigger than me now and out of the house) It will take a trip to the dealer to see the colors again, but it will either be the light green (Everglade?..I see 2 names) or the Barcelona Red. We will see if the Chicago area dealers are willing to "deal" I'll keep you all posted....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW.......

Just to let you know. I was always looking for a "boat" for my next car, but at last years Auto Show, I sat in a Grand Marquee, and was unimpressed. It was indeed a large car, but it didn't excite me. This year I was half-honestly looking at a Hummer H3. I climbed into it at this years Auto Show, and although it is very fun to look at , and I am sure it would be fun to drive, but the 14MPG real world average (and I drive lots of short trips) is hard to take. And, there is a definate entry and exit problem in front and especially in the back with getting your clothes all dirty. So what did catch my eye was the RAV4. I bought a Consumers Reports SUV magazine and studied all of the SUV's. The RAV was rated very highly by them (and at a price I could afford) and I liked the idea of 0 to 60 at around 7 seconds. The morning of us going to the Auto Show, my wife said that she saw a neat car on TV the previous night and , wouldn't you know it, it was the RAV4! We were on our way. Help me see the light, Toyota! I want something exciting! I drive a Ford Taurus now..... :p Help me see the light !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts