Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to here, so appreciate any help guys!

I've a 54 UK build RAV4 and found the battery flat one morning. To charge the battery I thought I'd take it out, and when I disconnected the earth I thought whjat sounded like a short alarm sound. When I charged and replaced the battery it seems like the engine is immobilised when I turn the key in the engine. Is there a reset sequence for the immobiliser?

Thanks for any help.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,568 Posts
No it's totally dead when I turn the key. Engine doesn't turn over at all.
The immobilizer disables the fuel pump and ignition system so the engine will turn over but will not run. Sounds like you have a different problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
this is what I would do.
1: Check that your battery cabels are fitted propperly and not loose.
2: check all the fuses ( Think tere are some fuses on the battery holder, also some in the fusebox in the engine bay.
3: also if you have an automatic gearbox, be shure its in P. The starter doens`t turn over if its not in P ( or N )

Hope you find the problem

·
Registered
8 Posts

I've a 54 UK build RAV4 and found the battery flat one morning. To charge the battery I thought I'd take it out, and when I disconnected the earth I thought whjat sounded like a short alarm sound. When I charged and replaced the battery it seems like the engine is immobilised when I turn the key in the engine. Is there a reset sequence for the immobiliser?

Thanks for any help.

I know this is a really old thread - but I've had the same issue - did you trace the problem? I had the battery out had the same bleeping you mention (also changed ECU) - mine too is now immobilsed.......
Any pointers?

·
Registered
2004 Rav4 L 4wd, 2005 Galactic gray 4runner V6 4wd
395 Posts
bookmarked

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for any help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts